ACLakey

Sportsman Touring or Can-Am Max

6 posts in this topic

I am thinking very seriously about either a Sportsman Touring or Can-Am Outlander Max. I had a touring on order but things fell through. Anybody have first hand experience with both? What are your thoughts and comments? Any useful information will be appreciated.

I gotta go with the Outlander out of the two.

* Moved thread to This vs That forum.

I own a Touring 500 after 8 months and out of the factory warranty period a bolt came loose inside the transmission and broke the chain drive and chipped the gears. Cost over $900 to get it fixed so my next quad, a 525 Outlaw I bought the extended warranty and another bolt came loose behind the clutch the extended warranty wouldn't cover the repair, cost $210. Stay away form Polaris is my advice.

Go Can-Am or get a Arctic Cat. Buy The XT in the Can-Am. Its worth the money.

i own a bunch of atv's .. i never have bought a can-am yet but have looked at them ... they are alot priceyer than most others ... i do have a polaris x2 and i really like it ... we ride it on almost every weekend and i use it for working my property several times a week.. its fuel injected and that is great in the winter ... if i was going to buy another touring or 2 up style quad i would prolly buy the arctic cat ... good luck with what ever you get ...