changing rear brake pads 2004 ltz400

3 posts in this topic

ive put the new pads in but cant get them to go back on rotor because of the mounting bracket...i can compress the bracket in with a c clap,, but it comes out again when i remove clap.... there is still a allen bolt in the calibur that looks like it is connected to the bracket still... am i supposed to take the bolt out also, is that why the bracket will not stay compressed so it will fit on the rotor? i have tried to remove that bolt but it is extremly tight....

Is there an adjustment for the rear brakes? Make sure it's all the way backed out.

sounds like the parking brake adjustment needs to be backed off so the caliper piston can be pushed back into it's bore

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By gyminis
      I have a 1996 king quad lt-f4wdx and have oil leaking from the rear axle assy at the seal behind the shaft from the front axle to the rear axle! can this seal be replaced w/o doing major surgery,taking the rear assy completly apart. thanx jim:aargh:
    • By DerekVink
      Badley warped, bent and marked up rear rotor.
      My 1987 Warrior's rotor is about an inch larger then the ones readily available.
      Is there an easy way of moving the caliper in to fix the problem.
      Any body make the larger rotor at about 9-5/8" outside diameter for Yamaha Warriors.
    • By tryder96
      How in the world do I remove rear brake pedal. Can't find in manual and it is basically siezed up. Any ideas? Thank you
    • By fishingstar
      86 225 yamaha moto 4 rear tires locked up. My son was riding in the have wet snow and the rear end lock. hoping brakes moved to rear dif. not it ether took the clutch apart not them.
      I can get the axle to turn with a pipe wench
      anybody have any thoughts on what it could be?
    • By fishingstar
      Is the original rear shock for a 88 warrior the same as a 86 try-z ?