Starter solenoid clicks wont start

3 posts in this topic

hey everyone,

i was just out at the quad and when i go to start it up, it just clicks, once. the battery isnt flat and im 99 per cent sure its coming from the solenoid. i was just wondering if this means the whole thing is bad or if its a dodgey connection.

thanks everybody,

p.s. i also push started the quad just to make sure it work and it does.

It's eaither a bad/discharged battery or a bad connection most likely.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Snowden
      Hi everyone,
      I have a question, if the starter clutch gear looks fine but is still not working correctly then all I should need to replace is the one way bearing, right?
    • By Blue
      Hey all I have a question on my 94 fourtrax 4x4. The electric start won't work. When I hit the button I hear the solenoid clicking but nothing happening. I put on a new solenoid and same thing happened. So I took off starter and checked it, brushes looked good nothing looked out of the ordinary. My battery is putting out 11.2 volts. I wouldn't think that would be it since I put a newer battery in from my other quad and still got same results. Any ideas I'm scratching my head on this one.
    • By Pure_Michigan
      I bought this old three wheeler that I found in a barn. It looked pretty rough, but I have it running now and functioning.
      With the switch set to "run" and the key in the "on" position the electric starter does not work when I push the starter button,
      However, if I cross the solenoid it will work and it will start the engine - so I know the starter motor is good and it works.
      Now, it gets a little mysterious. When the engine is running, AND the headlight is on high beam, the electric starter will engage when the starter button is pushed.....When its already running! (when the headlight is off or on "low" the starter button does nothing, only when running and in high beam will you hear the starter motor zing when you push the starter button) So, I know the button actually works, but only after the engine is already running and the high beam is on!
      So to recap: with the key on, the starter button does nothing. crossing the solenoid will make the starter work, and after the engine is running the starter will work with the button!
      Has anyone else had this problem? Can anyone point me in the right direction on solving this one?
    • By FarmBoy
      It is a 2000 kingQuad 300 that is used on the farm daily to make chores easier and faster. I have now cleaned oil out of the starter twice and can not find where it is coming from and why it has all of a sudden started doing this as it has been a great work horse until now. A cleaning only lasts about one day of use and you can pour the oil out of the starter. The oil level in the crankcase is just right and is checked routinely as it has burned a little oil since it was new.
    • By akbrewcrew
      my big bear is having starting problems. i have replaced the starter, solenoid, and battery. the electric start turns the starter motor but i still have to pull the pull start once to get it started while hitting the electric start like the starter motor isnt turning fast enough. could it be a faulty solenoid? maybe not pushing enough power to the starter motor? if so how much power should be coming out of the solenoid if i was to put a meter on it? any suggestions, ideas?