jsa750k

2007 Honda 450 TRX Valve Adjustment

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to check the valves,it just wont run right. I line up the crank mark,then check the cam sprocket mark,cam mark is at 8 o'clock. Is this correct ? Sure does'nt seem right. The owner (my friend) has not bought a S/M ,so I am checking here. Any help ? Thanks.

That sounds about right, there should also be a mark on the cam carrier that the cam gear mark lines up with, and when its all lined up the 2 outer cam lobes should point towards the back of the atv.

No,no marks on carrier. I downloaded a manual and it says nothing about cam gear marks,just crank. But,when at tdc,the sprocket bolts are behind the frame rails ! Only way to get at em is to rotate crank ,then I can get socket on them. Weird ! Honda engineered this ? Does'nt seem right. But I only have .005 clearance on ex. valves,so they gotta be changed

I got it,no prob. Now I have to fgure out why it wont idle without the choke ! I have cleaned the jets before. What else would cause that problem? TPS ? ...

* Added full year, manufacturer, and issue into thread title.

I suppose the TPS could be the problem, the other possibility is that the pilot screw is not adjusted properly, or, when you cleaned the jets, you didn't clean the rest of the carb, and something else is clogged up, probably in the pilot circuit. Any time you clean a carb, you need to take the whole thing completely apart and clean every little nook and cranny. I am guessing this is a TRX 450R? I think that is the only 450 Honda made in '07.