hvy_chevy_one

Next Mod

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys i been wanting to get some more mods done to my 03 400EX. Right now i have the big gun exhaust, UNI intake, and DynoJet jetkit. Been looking around for some mods to do but not sure what exactly to get..Kinda thinking either suspension mods or motor mods to get a lil more speed out of it.Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Depends... If you ride in smooth places where you dont use suspension then go for motor work, but if you go over any bumps at all the 400ex's suspension desperately needs upgrading so i would do that..

i go over lots of bumps, and jumps. We have a track here and its a rough some B..so im thinking suspension

Well you may want to make it wider with a-arms and an axle, although if you ride on tight trails that wouldn't be a good idea so that depends on what you do.

And then you can ether get some 450r shocks which will fit from what i have heard with just slight modification, and then get the 450r shocks and the stock rear shock re built and re valved buy a suspension company

Or you could go with afermarket shocks like fox, motowoz, axis, ect but not elka, most people will tell you that elkas aren't that great and i would agree with them..

I would do suspension. Here is how the suspension list goes best to worst, just from reading on different forums...

PEP, Motowoz, Fox, Ohlins, and... Elka.

But it all reality PEP, motowoz, Axis and Fox will probably all be about the same and you most likely wont be able to tell much of a difference between them if you compared them..

ok ill look into them and see what all i can find.Thing is i ride on tight trails and open areas so im not sure on widening it

ok ill look into them and see what all i can find.Thing is i ride on tight trails and open areas so im not sure on widening it

Suspension !!:yes:

whats a good dealer to order suspension parts from?

Nick @ Jet Suspension is who going to do mine at the end of summer !!If work holds out !:confused:

Ill have to check them out..Dont you just love work that ur not sure of how long its going to last?