marioweldinginc

Factory or after market oil filter and carb adjustments Honda '03 400ex

8 posts in this topic

Anyone know if all the aftermarket oil filters have the words "outside" or "this side out" printed on them. The one that I removed from my machine has no wording on it and I was wondering if that was the factory filter. I purchased this quad a few months ago (june).

Ive only ridden it once but the more I look it over the more I see it wasnt taken care of. The front brakes were down to pure metal, the drive chain was sloppy and the axle nut was loose, cables had too much free play etc. I fixed most of the issues before my first ride except for fuel and valve adjustment.

Looking this quad over I don't know who jetted the carb and if it was adjusted afterwards. I was told it had a dynojet kit in it. Do the factory service adjustments apply to a jetted carb?

I don't have the room/road to do the engine shutdown/plug inspection technique. Should I just bring it the the Stealer and have them do it?

Sorry I can't help you. It might be a good to have a dealer look it over since you found so many things wrong with it.

Jetted carbs are their own, guess if it were me I'd just play around with the carb till I got it myself.....JMO. I have never taken anything back to a dealer unless it was warranty work.

It idles decent and pulls but I just want that piece of mind I guess. I should really just go out and enjoy it and stop worrying about the what ifs!

None of the oil filters I have changed on my 2001 and 1999 trx 400s have anything written on them.

None of the oil filters I have changed on my 2001 and 1999 trx 400s have anything written on them.

Ok thanks maybe the previous owner knew how to change the oil then .... Thats it though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

i have a 2000 400ex and it has aftermarket oil filter which does have writing it. i dont know about the factory ones though.