Gunny

A Week of ATVing Central Utah

14 posts in this topic

Just returned from a week long trip of AVTing in central Utah ... WHAT A FREAK'IN BLAST !!! thewave.gif

It rained six of the seven days & a couple days it was just a plain gully washer of a soak'in !! 72.gif ... but NO BUGS !!! 93.gif

My youngest brother, his wife & I where the only ones on this trip. My wife wasn't ready to give her new hip the abuse of rid'in all day long for six days ... my other brother & his wife backed out at the last minute ... damn their mangy hides !!! character0029.gif

Did some awesome riding, saw lots of deer & listened to the Elk bugling in the evenings. 13.gif

Here's some video clips & a few pics of the ride. And these do not do this ride justice !! 86.gif

Enjoy ... great.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCHO4GcVbI]Arapeen ATV Trip-09-011 - YouTube[/ame]

Look like a lot of fun, Thanks for sharing, where is this great riding place?

This awesome place is in the state of Utah, in about the middle of the state. You take Hwy 89 to Gunnison, turn East and go to Mayfield ... then out of Mayfield you go 18 miles up 12 Mile Canyon. (Don't ask) :drivingc:

We stayed at the USFS Gunnison Flat Camp Ground at 10,100 ft. :cheers2c:

that looks like alot of fun ... it would be a blast on any of my quads ...

THANKS ... and Heck Yeah !! :partyc:

The cool thing about living in Utah is you can have what ever kind of riding you want from enormous sand mountain to unbelievable red rock riding to snow covered trails.

The cool thing about living in Utah is you can have what ever kind of riding you want from enormous sand mountain to unbelievable red rock riding to snow covered trails.

THAT'S A FACT JACK !! :partyc:

So yer wife is a lawyer ?? Dang, so do you ever win any hubby & wifey discussions?? :smackbum:

THAT'S A FACT JACK !! :partyc:

So yer wife is a lawyer ?? Dang, so do you ever win any hubby & wifey discussions?? :smackbum:

I just plead the 5th amendment. She handles all the bankruptcy in the State.....she is kinda busy:sonic:

I just plead the 5th amendment. She handles all the bankruptcy in the State.....she is kinda busy:sonic:

HAHAHAHAHA !!! Too funny dude !! :smilielol5c::smilielol5c::smilielol5c:

And that sucks that there is so much of that happening right now .... :frown:

if i can ever get enough money ahead i would love to come out for a week of riding...

Yeah, story of my life too it seems lately .... :bangheadc:

i even got rid of my big money pits (harleys) this year and im still not very much ahead ... this economy is getting a little better but its still not what it was 4 or 5 years ago ...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ATVguyGrizzly
      Hi All,
      Theres a cool Facebook group for Eastern PA ATVing - where to ride, when to ride, etc...
      Check it out:
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/EastPaATV/
      Thanks!
    • By Ripcity
      Looking forward to the new lifestyle. Bought my son a Blaster a couple of weeks ago. He was bored riding by himself so I picked up a 2004 Sportsman 600. Wow!! What a blast. Tore up the backyard yesterday playing cops and robbers. Got a few new paintball welts today. I am sending out a warning to all ATV riders in Wisconsin. We are new. And are we excited!!! Living the good life has no end.
    • By SlickRock
      Found this site by accident, looks like a good place to hang out. Ive looked around and I can see that there are a lot of knowledgeable folks here. Hoping to get to meet some of you and swap stories.
      Slick Rock
    • By silverton
      If you like scenic trails with beautiful views and great places to stop for a snack, lunch or just to gas up then consider central Maine. As most of you probably know Maine has over 6,600 miles of ATV trails!. Canaan is in the heart of it all. With direct trail access from several lodging establishments you can head out and in several directions for a few days of riding or a week of adventures. I'll be posting pictures from some of the rides...( when I figure out how!).
      Check out Central Maine Cabins, Pet Friendly, Hike, Kayak, ATV, Bike as a place to stay.
      Our local club is currently signing a new access route that will be ready in a few weeks giving us a way to get to the Moosehead lake area, Bingham, Moscow, Harmony and more. Who wouldn't want to get out I95 and get on the trail sooner?
      We also have had riders who have done the Translab loop on motorcycle stay and say we are a great last stop before returning home.
      See you on the trails
      Denise
    • By TreadLightly
      The campaign, created by Tread Lightly, unites the US Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, Utah Division of State Parks, Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, and the Utah School and Institutional Trust Lands Administration together in an effort to spread a consistent message throughout the state. Tread Lightly! also brings funding and support from the private sector, such as Yamaha’s OHV Access Initiative and the National Shooting Sports Foundation, making this a public/private partnership promoting conservation and sustainable outdoor recreation.
      The outreach effort is centered on the slogan RIDE ON Designated Routes, originally created for national application but now being customized with Utah-specific images. Since 1998, the number of off-highway vehicles (OHVs) registered in Utah has nearly tripled, putting additional pressure on Utah's public lands, especially in popular riding areas. RIDE ON reinforces that responsible recreation is the key to preserving and protecting Utah's many great motorized recreation opportunities. The initiative will also expand to address issues like safety and resource damage– today’s most pressing recreation issues in Utah.