1997 Honda TRX300FW Spark Problem

3 posts in this topic

My TRX300 only sparks when I left off of the starter button. Installed new coil, new pulse generator{pick-up}, cleaned starter button with contact cleaner the best that I could{sealed unit}, stator looks and smells good, no burnt coils, tested 3 leads from stator for continuity- it tested good, checked it to ground and nothing shorted or cut. Resistance tested very low @ .003ohms unit out of bike. Put back together and still spark on;y when I let off starter button. Also the bike used to kick start easy, now it wont. Help!

Is there a kill switch anywhere on there? Make sure all your grounds are tight, battery tests good, etc.

Yes there is a Kill switch and it works. My battery is very low, but I was jumping it with a jump box. So the system still sees 12v. Would the primary low battery make a difference if I was jumping with a jump box? Thx. Once I start the bike it runs fine.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Sandy10145
      Hi guys I'm new to the forums and I need some help to make a decision. I recently started riding quads a few months ago and have been riding a Yamaha blaster. I'm now deciding of getting a raptor 350, Honda 400ex, trx450, or yfz 450. At first I looked into the 350 but I wanted more power. Recently I looked into the yfz and read it has a smoother ride and something about adjusting the cylinders? Any information on what I should get, pros? Cons? Would all be extremely helpful.
    • By caperman
      Can anyone tell me a oil I could use in my 99 Honda 450 automatic instead of Honda brand.. I live about 60 miles from the dealer so gets expensive.  Thanks
    • By romeju
      My son has 2007 Honda rancher 420 with fuel injection. We just got it out of the shop for several repairs. Now sometimes it will not start but the fuel injection light blinks and then you come back later and it fires up he can ride for a while , park it and then it will start again and again but by the end of the day it will not start again. The fuel injection light stays on while he is riding. I am hoping that it is something maybe I can fix without having to take back to shop again. Any help would be appreciated. When he rides he does fine just every now ang again it will not start.
    • By auburnfan327
      I have a 2007 Honda Recon ES and need some new tires. The stock tire sizes are 22x10-9 and 22x7-11. I'm looking at some Carlisle AT489 tires but the closest sizes i can find are 22x10-10 and 22x7-12. Will they fit? Thanks.
    • By backwoods7
      I've got a 07 Honda rancher 420 manual shift that won't start. I turn the key and hear the normal fuel pump sound, green neutral light shows as well as a Red light that says E1 when I hit start it dose nothing. Lights work,I changed spark plug but that didn't help. I'm not a very mechanical person and have no idea what the issue is. I wrode it 2 weeks ago and had no issues then but now it's useless. Any ideas? Thanks