wonl2

2001 Honda Recon TRX250 ATV pulls to the left

5 posts in this topic

I recently bought a 2001 TRX250 recon. The atv pulls to the left when traveling on hard surfaces. Doesn't seem to pull much off road. I checked the tire pressure. Is there a way to s=check the "front end alignment? Any other ideas???

Phil

Sounds to me like a alignment problem. I know a way to check if it's off with a tape measure to an extent but I can't explain it without making an illustration. If no one can tell you a way to check the alignment I'll make an illustration to explain it.

all you have to do is check for toe out or in. you can do that by measuring the between the front rims on the front of the quad and then measuring between the front rims again on an eqaul point as the first measurement on the rear side of the front rims. split the difference for zero to and adjust the tie rods until the measurements are equal. Before you do that i would check for a twisted fram or a bent a arm. the reason you don't notice it while off roading is because there is enough tire slip. when it hits hard pack it gets better traction. if you haven't replaced the tierods i wuld be inclined to look for bent parts.

Your friendly neighbourhood Mechanic

If it's only on hard surfaces, could be the tire pulling. Try swapping the front tires and see if it pulls to the right.

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

you can also wrap a string around the quad and see if it touches the tires equally on the fron tires ... kinda hard to explain but it works .. then adjust the tierods to get the string to touch the tires equally