Dean

Honda 300 Fourtrax Stalls After Warm

10 posts in this topic

I have a 300 fourtrax that kills on me after it runs for a little whill or after it warms up can any body help me .I think I have tried every thing but there has to be some thing that I have not tried.HELLLLLP!!!!!!!!

Vapor lock possibly. Gas cap vent may be bad. did you losen of rmove your cap once it warms up to see if it still quits?

yes and it still dose it.But when I try to restart it kinda back fires and then it will finaly crank but it runs like crap.

What is the Year,Make and Model of this.

And a bike will run on choke until it gets warm then it will die and it will cause it to backfire trying to start it. If the choke isn't on then check your air filter. Sounds like an air flow problem.

Does it start up right after it dies or do you have to let it set for a while? If you have to let it cool it might be the coil.

Also sounds like an air flow or choke problem to me. What year is this?

* Added manufacturer, model, and issue into thread title. Missing year.

check to make shure it dosent have a vaccume leak on the intake boot....i have seen them have a crack or not seal very well and will do this once they warm up... it also could be vapor locking ... put a piece of wire around the fuel line ... wrap it around several times .... or use the old clothes pit trick