Fogel

2001 Honda 400EX sportrax, good deal?

12 posts in this topic

well my buddy has a quad thats been sitting since 09, it runs and everything just needs a few parts. The quad is a 2001 Honda 400EX sportrax, the parts is needs is a left rear hub, battery, chain, and a new exhaust(muffler only). he told me $600 and it was mine. this would be my first "sport" quad, just not really sure if its a good deal or not. its never been rolled er anything just trail riden by his father. if this is a good deal what do you guys think id be looking at for parts, money wise like $300?

well my buddy has a quad thats been sitting since 09, it runs and everything just needs a few parts. The quad is a 2001 Honda 400EX sportrax, the parts is needs is a left rear hub, battery, chain, and a new exhaust(muffler only). he told me $600 and it was mine. this would be my first "sport" quad, just not really sure if its a good deal or not. its never been rolled er anything just trail riden by his father. if this is a good deal what do you guys think id be looking at for parts, money wise like $300?

Great deal !!! I`d snap it up !Since it has been sitting its going to require some cleaning of carb and such If you where closer I snap it up !!:laugh:

Anyone know how much a carb rebuild kit for this is?

I`d try cleaned it first !! Before I bought a rebuild kit !! Make sure you drain all the old gas out of the tank and clean it before you try to start it !! Drop in a new plug and oil and see what happens :yes: JMO !!

Sounds like a good deal to me. Look up quads on craigslist and see the prices. Lucky to get anything under 1000.

Im gunna just clean the carb for now, then rebuild the carbs and engine next winter then soup it up

i buy sell trade and buy and repair quads and re sell them and part them out also ... i would deffinatly buy it at that price ... i could part it out and make about 4 times that just in parts ....

i would take tht deal... u wont find one tht cheap very easy... but u will need to clean it and everything first before u start it.

Anyone know how much a carb rebuild kit for this is?

I just bought a carb gasket kit (genuine honda) for $23 from bikebandit.com. I have an 03 400ex

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great deal to me.

* Added full year and manufacturer to thread title.

its gonna cost more then 300 dollars an excust pipe is more then that i preffer a trinty drag pipe it comes with a new header and pipe for 400 a good chain is about 80-120 dallars rear hubs usealy start around 150 and a oem battery is around 120.