jerod400ex

2002 Honda 400EX pulls to the left

20 posts in this topic

Tie rod adjustment or air pressure[/Q

I will check tie rods thanks rappy

When did it start ? (pulling to the left ):yes:

Like mentioned above..tire pressure or wheel alignment, but also check for a weak shock, frame damage, rear axle misalignment.

* Added year and manufacturer to thread title.

It has happened over time i would just like to no y..... it has happened over time so i have just gotten used to it myself

wen i get on other forwheelers the handling feels wierd cause im used to mine pullin to the left..... if u hold the handlebars completely straight it starts driving off to the left side of the road:skeptic:

also check for worn ball joints and A-arm bushing's/bearings... and make shure that the rear swing arm bearing's are also good ...

Just out of curiosity does it pull to the left when you get a wheelie going?

yes it does tht to!!!!

:yes:

Ok so if it pulls while doing wheelies you eliminate the front end. Mine would always pull to the left because of a slightly bent axle. How it did i have no idea. But i pressed it straight and made it round again. No more pull.

Now your case could be:

Rear tire pressure

Out of round tire (over inflated once by accident)

Axle or carrier bearings siezing

Frame damage

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Ok so if it pulls while doing wheelies you eliminate the front end. Mine would always pull to the left because of a slightly bent axle. How it did i have no idea. But i pressed it straight and made it round again. No more pull.

Now your case could be:

Rear tire pressure

Out of round tire (over inflated once by accident)

Axle or carrier bearings siezing

Frame damage

ok is it possible tht the pulllin to the left could be connected with the sounds the rear is makin like the bearings perhaps?

Quite possible. I would remove the rear axle and have a peek at the bearings. If one makes any noise while you spin em replace both

If one bearing is shot it might be causing a drag on the chain. Have you noticed any power loss?

There could be alot of factors but its best to eliminate what is not causing the problem first if your not sure.

Quite possible. I would remove the rear axle and have a peek at the bearings. If one makes any noise while you spin em replace both

If one bearing is shot it might be causing a drag on the chain. Have you noticed any power loss?

There could be alot of factors but its best to eliminate what is not causing the problem first if your not sure.

no i havent realy noticed a loss of power just real loud grinding noise

Remove axle check the bearing

ight thanks man!!! will do

I have an 02 400ex and it pulls to the left any idea wats wrong with it... thanks

it can be serveal things tie rods out of wack bent sterring stem or a wropped frame mitch matched tires on beenng taller then the other.

Just out of curiosity does it pull to the left when you get a wheelie going?

it may vere do to the chain being on the let side low tire pressure bearing carrier being out the way you are setting on the seat. tread tire wear differnt size tires in height and in wideth