Quantcast

trx450r motor swapped with crf 450r motor

jerod400ex

While the CRF450R and the TRX450R share the same displacement number, there are very few of the same components between the two engines. Initially, many people were disappointed because the first TRX450R was very weak compared to the CRF450R. Honda claims that it designed the TRX450R engine to produce more torque so that the engine was more suited for ATV purposes. In 2004 and 2005, the only interchangeable part between the ATV and motorcycle engines was the camshaft. In 2006, Honda overhauled the TRX450R engine to make it more similar to its motorcycle variant. This included a more aggressive cam profile, a larger bore with a shortened stroke, a new, short skirt piston and titanium rather than steel valves. In addition, Honda changed the carburetor from a 42 mm Keihin butterfly type to a 40 mm Keihin FCR. This increased the power from about 33 horsepower (25 kW) in the first generation to over 40 horsepower (30 kW) in the second. The first generation engine had a 10.5:1 compression ratio while the second generation had a 12:1 compression ratio.

wikipedia was the source... any help?

While the CRF450R and the TRX450R share the same displacement number, there are very few of the same components between the two engines. Initially, many people were disappointed because the first TRX450R was very weak compared to the CRF450R. Honda claims that it designed the TRX450R engine to produce more torque so that the engine was more suited for ATV purposes. In 2004 and 2005, the only interchangeable part between the ATV and motorcycle engines was the camshaft. In 2006, Honda overhauled the TRX450R engine to make it more similar to its motorcycle variant. This included a more aggressive cam profile, a larger bore with a shortened stroke, a new, short skirt piston and titanium rather than steel valves. In addition, Honda changed the carburetor from a 42 mm Keihin butterfly type to a 40 mm Keihin FCR. This increased the power from about 33 horsepower (25 kW) in the first generation to over 40 horsepower (30 kW) in the second. The first generation engine had a 10.5:1 compression ratio while the second generation had a 12:1 compression ratio.

wikipedia was the source... any help?

ya i had wondered because..... a buddy of mine had one with a crf 450r motor in it and i have never seen a trx tht is tht quick in torque and top speed.....i just wondered which engine is better in the trx body?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By p5200
      I'm having trouble identifying Mark. I know where the mark is in the Stator cover. Is the T at about, the 12 o'clock position in this photo? I've got to buy another Stator cover as the one I have has a hole at the bottom of it. Due to failing eyes, I have a lot of trouble anymore. Thanks! 🙂

• By Mhatayas
      So here where I live in Newfoundland Canada, they let you drive your bike on the road provided it’s registered and insured same goes for crossing highways but on trails you don’t need to be insured. And I don’t even think you need a full license to insure your bike they said it was up to the insurance company. I’m trying to get my old 1985 Suzuki 250 registered they have to do a search for it to make sure it hasn’t been in anyone else’s name first. Hopefully it comes back clean I am pretty excited 
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By cosmacart
      Hi all, iam from ohio and i have a 2013 yamaha rhino SE black . I might sell it but i dont know what its worth. So can anyone give me an idea what to ask for it?? This is not a scam,,its only a question thanks in advance!!