jerod400ex

2002, 2007, 2008 Honda 400ex Gearing Difference

20 posts in this topic

hey is there a difference between the stock gearing on these models.... the 02 is 15t 38t...... r the others diff i hear the 07,08 is 14t 38t

Heard the same thing later years dropped a front tooth

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

does anybody no for a fact this is tru??

* Changed title to full years and corrected manufacturer. Added issue re-wording for searches and responses.

does anybody no for a fact this is tru??

Well i definetly know 99-04 is a 15t drive sprocket and a 38t driven sprocket. '05 added reverse but not sure what else.

yes they changed them to 14 front when the added reverse... i have had both and have worked on countless numbers of both.... they also changed the splines on he output shaft ... and the older sprockets wont fit the newer 1's

ight tht is wat i needed to no guys thanks alot...... tryin to decide wat sprocket sizes to put on my ex...........................

I rode arount RAC today with my 13/38 combo. It produces a lot of twisting power. I had to adjust the drive chain on the trail as it stretched. Too much power in fact it would break the rear tires loose on the trails. 22" rear tires coming soon to bring my top speed up. I can however crawl through the trails at walking speed without touching the clutch.

I rode arount RAC today with my 13/38 combo. It produces a lot of twisting power. I had to adjust the drive chain on the trail as it stretched. Too much power in fact it would break the rear tires loose on the trails. 22" rear tires coming soon to bring my top speed up. I can however crawl through the trails at walking speed without touching the clutch.

thts good im lookin for higher top speed with good torque combination

:yes:

With 20" tires in the rear a great combo is 14/38

With 22" tires 13/38

Dont enlarge the rear sprocket as you would lose ground clearance

With 20" tires in the rear a great combo is 14/38

With 22" tires 13/38

Dont enlarge the rear sprocket as you would lose ground clearance

i guess mine r 20" i think :skeptic:......... like i said i want to be able to pull past him and keep him from creepin past me

If ya want real gains do a stroke or bore upgrade and a cam. Those plus the intake slip on and dynokit will.really make your quad fly.

If you wanna play you gotta $$$$$

If ya want real gains do a stroke or bore upgrade and a cam. Those plus the intake slip on and dynokit will.really make your quad fly.

If you wanna play you gotta $$$$$

ya i just want to stop him from creepin past me in the cheapest way possible

Put sugar in his gas tank. I think that going down a tooth will help you come out of the hole quicker. Then adding the slipon filter etc will give you more horsepower througout the powerband. Will it be enough to warrant a rev limiter remap im not sure

Send CK a pm. He drag races atvs

Put sugar in his gas tank. I think that going down a tooth will help you come out of the hole quicker. Then adding the slipon filter etc will give you more horsepower througout the powerband. Will it be enough to warrant a rev limiter remap im not sure

Send CK a pm. He drag races atvs

PM????????????:huh: