1987 Suzuki LT 4wd Carb problem

3 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I have a problem with a 1987 Suzuki LT4wd I just aquired. It ran just OK when I got it except the carb would over flow if you didnt turn of the gas right away, so I figured it was the float or the needle & seat. So I got a carb kit & cleaned the carb ( I thought really good) & installed the new parts. That fixed the overflowing problem & it idles just fine but as soon as I give it gas it kills. There seems to be plenty of fuel in the bowl, I've taken it apart with fuel in it & the bowl is about half full. While idling I shot carb cleaner in the carb intake while working the gas & it reeves up fine. So it seems to me that its not sucking the fuel up out of the bowl. I couldn't find any vacuum leaks & the main jet isn't plugged anybody know what I'm missing? Its a Mikuni Carb & there fairly simple. Any help would be much appreciated. I've had it off & on so many times it only takes about 3 minutes now. Thanks in advance for any help.

Never mind, Thats what happens when your over 50 & you take something apart over a week ago. I pressed the Jet for the needle jet in from the top instead of from the bowl side. Runs great now. I guess if you look at the carb parts breakdown long enough something will click.

Lesson learned, I better not disassemble before I have the parts to Assemble.

LOL...good to see you got it figured out!

* Added year, make, and model to thread title.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Travo
      Can anyone help with routing the hoses on a lt250 carb hose routing? Manual doesn't really specify much, and pictures are lacking in it
      Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    • By ut1w7b
      I have a 94 sportsman 400. It sat for several years before i got it. I have cleaned the carb it will start and run for about 5 min then it will flood. I have torn it down and cant see anything wrong. has anyone else ran into this problem any hel would be great.
    • By Gadget44
      got it running new cdi coil and stator will idle good but when u give it throttle it will take off but then will bog down but if you put it on jack stand in the rear it will rev up good with the tires spinning only bogs under load have removed carb and cleaned did find that the pilot jet was clogged and cleaned it main jet is clear and open any ideas
    • By kingjosk12
      A week ago I could not even get close to starting it. But now I adjusted the valves (exhaust valve was not closed). i got it running but would not run without choke. i adjusted the float because it was to low tried starting it up again and it would not even start. So i went back and looked at the valves and the valve was now open again so i adjusted it and it started right up and ran perfect without choke. So i put it all back together thinking it was ready to go. Started it up and let it run for a little bit. i turned it off and tried starting it again there was NOTHING. took it apart and there was 0 compression and the exhaust valve was open again. I am completely lost need help PLEASE!!!:aargh:
    • By dblbassdrumer
      [/ame] only when u pull back in the clutch does it make this noise and wanna take off