Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

What ATV should I get

Our family has a 1996 Honda fourtrax 300 and I really like it, it is small easy to work on, and we have had to do nothing but routine mantenance on it. I am looking for a atv for myself to make small modifications to. I like instruments for oil, rpm, volts, etc. 4x4 is a must. I don't like the prices of these new ones, so $1,000 -$2,000 would be my price range. What would be a good atv to look for in this price range?

wylde1, thanks for the advice.

Has anyone ever added a analog tach, pictures?

No problem. It's tough to answer that question because what I think is an awesome quad you might get and then find out that it is not comfortable. Ergonomics are different on certain machines and not everyone is built the same. Research is the key and the internet makes it easy to find information.:yes:

Our family has a 1996 Honda fourtrax 300 and I really like it, it is small easy to work on, and we have had to do nothing but routine mantenance on it. I am looking for a atv for myself to make small modifications to. I like instruments for oil, rpm, volts, etc. 4x4 is a must. I don't like the prices of these new ones, so $1,000 -$2,000 would be my price range. What would be a good atv to look for in this price range?

are you lookin for a sport quad or a 4x4 ?

Maybe a late 90s honda foreman? They are around 2500 - 3000 around me on LI NY. So it should be cheaper elsewhere

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

You can search for Polaris Magnum, Trail Boss, or Scrambler. All lot of those rigs are in that price range. Parts are pretty easy to get. Some are two stroke, some are 4 stroke. If the gauges don't work, I wouldn't waste money trying to fix them. I would just pick up a trail tech vapor (about $75) and it'll give you rpm, mph, odometer, etc.

Thanks for the info. I want a a utility. 4x4 isn't completely necessary but can be handy around here.

hey man go to craigslist: atlanta classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events and look for the type of quad u want it will be under motorcycles..... u can find good deals from owners and dealers...... u can also check the city to look in tht is in ur state or anouther:yes: