greenhorse

2004 Honda Foreman 450 - No 4 Wheel Drive

6 posts in this topic

hello... I have a foreman honda 2004 atv. I replaced a knucke. on the front left side,

... since then I can't get the four wheel drive to activate... is there something to check, that I might have knocked loose or something.... the wheel is working fine...and the bike runs good, the light comes one, on the switch..... four wheel won't engage...

your welcome greenhorse.

a friend told me that some of the honda foremans had shear pins but forgot which years, he also said you might have differential problems.

how did the axle go? was it a hard hit or something?

I was backing it out of the shed, I went about 10 ft. and I heard this ' klunk'!!! it was -10 at the time, then when I tried the four wheel drive, the light came on, but the front end, did not engage.

I think, there may be a bad boot, maybe ice got inside, and damaged something.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By sloundez
      Does anyone out there know where I can get a functional pair of wheel cylinders for subject ATV? Any suggestions welcomed. Thanks
    • By marcuslachance
      I
      I bought a Honda 250sx 1986 but the exhaust is broken. Apparently it's not possible to order a new one. I checked to order one on others compagny but there's noting.
      Do you know which exhaust it's possible to install. Is there a company who sold an exaust to fit on my 250sx.
      Sorry for my english
      Thank you
      Marc
    • By Npeters
      Im working on a old 1987 honda 125 4 wheeler in the school shop. It will start by getting pulled by another 4 wheeler but wont start with the pull start or Electric Start. When you pull start it it tries to start but when you try the electric start it just turns over but doesnt even act like it wants to start. The spark plug is dry and it shoots fuel out of the back(air filter side) of the carb. Weve had the carb off twice and it is complety clean. What are some things we can try?
    • By buzzar56
      I am looking for a free repair manual for a 2003 Polaris sportsman 500 ho atv. all the posts on here lead me noplace
      thanks fred.
    • By Srx_Man
      Hey I own stock why Yfz 450 and I'm just looking to slap a turbocharger on it.. I was just wondering if they're pretty compatible with these machines it is the carburetored version Yfz 450. I have all the piping hook ups / kit that's threw HURON SPEED an i also have turbo lined up for it gt 12.. I was just wondering what else I need to make this work? I know i would need to up the Jets and stuff for starter but Is it just that simple or do I need blow off valves and like some time on regulator on it or so forth? Trying get ideal what i would need