technofarmer

Draining the oil on a 2011 Polaris 500 Sportsman?

5 posts in this topic

So far ive only done one oil change on my sportsman, and the next one cant be too far away. Ive been told more than once that when draining the motor oil on a sportsman i have to take out two drain plugs? The one on the black plastic reservoir cant be missed, but is there one somewhere on the bottom side of the engine, and if so where is it?

I have looked and looked but never found it. If this is the case do i need to remove the skidplate to get to it? Any help will be appreciated.

I don't own a Polaris, but hopefully some of the others here will be able to help you out better. There are a few good videos on Youtube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTHG78ZCwl4]2009 Polaris Sportsman 500 HO Oil Change - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPpowK6ETKg&feature=related]Changing Oil On Polaris Sportsman 500 HO.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

* Added year and manufacturer to thread title.

So far ive only done one oil change on my sportsman, and the next one cant be too far away. Ive been told more than once that when draining the motor oil on a sportsman i have to take out two drain plugs? The one on the black plastic reservoir cant be missed, but is there one somewhere on the bottom side of the engine, and if so where is it?

I have looked and looked but never found it. If this is the case do i need to remove the skidplate to get to it? Any help will be appreciated.

is this it? i hope you have room to get in there because it looks like its in there sideways ...

oil plug.JPG

57d7733b1d4d4_oilplug.JPG.f3ea26f57902899985b8e3091a71daf2.JPG