Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2 Stroke Oil Question...

Ok, I sent hubby to the local cycle shop for some 2 stroke oil and it was closed. He stopped at Home Depot and picked up 2 small bottles of 2 stroke oil with stabilizer in it, but it is synthetic lube. I still have some regular oil in the injector, but not synthetic. Can I add this to my oil injection with the regular oil in it, or should I disconnect the injection unit and just run premix? I used to run Castor 927 premix without the injection, but is easier for my son to just add gas and go....anyone got a comment or suggestion?:huh:

and the Castor 927 states specifically "not for injection". Makes sense to me Wylde1 to let it go down and add, but can u even use it with injection? What do you use? But then as Oxy said, do I have to continue with synthetic? Maybe I should just go get some more regular 2 stroke oil and use the other stuff for the dirtbike and the weedwacker...:confused:

I am actually using Kawasaki Jet Ski oil now, because it was on a closeout. I got a gallon for the same price as a regular quart. I have not had any problems with it. I have used Yamalube and a synthetic blend previously. I haven't had any problems, although the Yamalube gave new meaning to the phrase "two-stroke smoke." lol

I did some more digging and found this.

Drummer,

If the experts say mixing conventional oil and synthetic is not good....why then do most if not all of the major oil producers sell conventional/synthetic blend oils?

Motor Oil, Transmission Fluids & Synthetic Oil | Quaker State

Myth 4: Switching between synthetic and conventional You can't switch from synthetic oil to conventional oil or mix the two.

Fact You may interchange synthetic and conventional oil as long as the synthetic motor oil product and conventional motor oil product meet the viscosity and performance requirements outlined in the vehicle’s owner’s manual. Synthetic blends, in fact, are a mixture of conventional and synthetic-base oils.

Mixing Synthetic and Conventional Motor Oils

Question: Mixing Synthetic and Conventional Motor Oils Can you ever blend synthetic oils and conventional oils? If so, what is the ratio? -- Julie Patten, Des Moines, IA Answer: Yes, synthetic oils can be blended with conventional oils. Several companies, including ExxonMobil, market synthetic blends which are a combination of synthetic and conventional oils. In the case of ExxonMobil, the ratio of synthetic to conventional oil in these products is considered proprietary information.

Here are some "blend" oils

Bardahl Synthetic Blend 2-Stroke Engine Oil Salt Lake City, UT, Honda, Kawasaki, Polaris, Yamaha, ATV, Motorcycle, Scooter, Snowmobile, Dealer, Used, Parts

PJ1 Goldfire Pro 2-Stroke Racing Oil

Yamalube 2-S http://www.yamahagolfcar.com/accessories/acproduct/5/sm/7/48/yamalube_2-s.aspx

OPTIMAX/DFI 2-CYCLE OUTBOARD OIL http://northamerica.mercurymarine.com/otherproducts/maintenance/dfi.php

Dang Wylde1,,, that is some great reading!! It simplified it and I'm gonna mix it tomorrow...hell, if it blows up, I still have that spare engine!!! Thanks a bunch!!:wink:

No I don't want you to blow it up.:no: From what we read and the fact that I have been mixing it up and haven't had anything catastrophic happen:biggrin: you should be OK. Just to be safe I would maybe take a short run and be easy on it to make sure before getting crazy.:yes:

I ran synthetic and dinosaur oil mixed in my sleds all the time. Didn't hurt the injector pump, foul plugs, or effect mileage. Alot of that is BS based on performance statistics and sales tactics. ANY oil is better than none @ all. I'd say run the oil tank as low as possible then fill it with the synthetic. I know quads might be a tad different because the intention is to be run in warm weather but I've never had a problem in the sleds. Try it!