Quantcast

Kazuma Falcon 150 - Having trouble getting quad to start

Bought my son a used Kazuma Falcon 150. Has been running fine for 2 weeks since we bought. He uses it every day. Now it won't start. Visited these forums and started checking out electrical system getting familiar with all parts of circuit.

First thing I notice different is our quad has 6 wires to Off-On-On key switch.

1 - red (typical)

1 - black (typical)

1 - green (typical)

1 - black\white (typical)

1 - yellow

1 - yellow white

What do these other wires do?

I also have determined (i believe) I have an automatic choke. I don't see this in any of the wiring diagrams I have found.

I can't quite figure out the C.D.I yet. From what I seem to be reading is usually a significant issue on quads that don't start.

Any suggestions? Any more detailed wiring diagrams out there which show additional wires to key switch and automatic choke?

I have no clue when it comes to Kazuma Falcon but I would start in the same place with any quad. Check for power to the starter and make sure it is getting fuel. I believe yours has an auto choke so I would spray some starter fluid in the carb if you can get the starter to turn over. It also looks like this model has a kill switch built in, just make sure the kill switch is not on. Check the kill switch wiring and see if is killing the motor.

Here are some general wiring diagrams floating around the net.

QuadSchematic1.jpg

QuadSchematic2.jpg

CDI_Pinout.jpg

They are not exact matches to your model but they might give you a few ideas where to look.

I also renamed the post title so others who may know more about the quads can find it quicker.

Hi, I have had the same problem with my one,

I have found if you push the quad about a metre than suddenly

you have power to the starter. I know this sounds crazy but is true

with mine.its worth a try.

Good luck

Rhino

That problem sounds like a weak starter. I had a similar problem. The quad won't start but when you try and start the quad not on the compression stroke (ie intake, power, or exhaust) it would start just fine. I would remove the spark plug and tap it over with the ignition. The reinstall the plug and it would start just fine.