blasterman

1997 Yamaha Blaster 200 - Wont Stay Running

8 posts in this topic

i have a 1997 200 blaster was riding it and it acted like it was runing out of gas and quit wont start by kick but if u pull it be hind a car it will start and run as long as u keep moving but u stop it dies some 1 please help

spray some carb clean in it while it is running and you might get lucky that you won't have to pull the carb and clean it ...

i cleaned the carb and all its got good compression the only way i can get it to start is to pull it off and when it starts if i let its rpm get low it dies it ran fine four about 2 hours then just quit like it wasnt getting any gas so i cleand the carb and it still wont do nuthing got good comprission and the reeds look good

how is the spark? nice bright blue and consistant? have you tried a new plug? do you think its more of a fuel problem than electrical?

i dont have very bright spark and no havent tried new plug and its getting gas cuse i can kick bout 5-10times and the plugs wet

may be the cdi, mine did that..spark was there, but at the wrong time...hows the tors system?, or did you remove it?

yea i removed the tors and i went out the to try to start it and it locked up so im gonna have the top and bottom end rebuilt how much do u guys think itll cost