Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2003 Honda 400EX - Front Suspension

Anyone have any suggestions for making my chasis any faster? The motor seems to be too fast for my suspension and me too! I refuse to waste money on Elka shocks/springs. Would like to go with Fox air shox. Also cant go wider than 48" in the front. Where should I start.

Right now I have a factory suspension on the rear with a wide axle to 48". On the front I have factory 450r shocks and a steering stabilizer. Its still too bouncy for my taste

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

i always ran fullflight A-arms ..they are fully adjustable ...and i used works tripple rate shocks with rezzys..fullflight has a website and will sell to u on line from there site .. they also have a full line of replacement parts for there A-arms .. i also bought some of the parts for there stuff from the local autozone ...lol.. was cheaper than ordering from them online .. when i re-powder coated my A-arms i emailed them and asked for a price on replacement decals and they sent me 4 sets free ... so they are great people to deal with and the A-arms are built to last ... FullFlight Racing - Servicing and supplying the ATV and Racing world check them out an see what you think..if you have your shocks re-valved and springs replaced they would also work better on your 400ex..

Anyone have any suggestions for making my chasis any faster? The motor seems to be too fast for my suspension and me too! I refuse to waste money on Elka shocks/springs. Would like to go with Fox air shox. Also cant go wider than 48" in the front. Where should I start.

Right now I have a factory suspension on the rear with a wide axle to 48". On the front I have factory 450r shocks and a steering stabilizer. Its still too bouncy for my taste

Those 450R shock have 3 different ajustments U can stiffin them up !! When u say there 2 bouncey :confused:What are u refering too !! I run fox shocks on my R :yes:they ain`t cheap either !:no:Have those redone and see how u like !

Think i should have my 450r shocks revalved or go with a works or fox setup. After I changed over to 450r shocks it handled alot better. Now that i can take it faster in the trails i notice the shortcomings of my setup. Especially over rocky trails i get sort of a jackhammer effect in the handlebars and it gets tiresome after a few hours. Softening up the suspension a little helped but any softer and it bottoms out on landing big jumps. Also would like my quad to sit lower. I have full armor under the quad so not to worried bout the lowering.

I in no way have an advanced knowledge of suspensions. I can adjust them slighlty but cant figure out how to readjust it back to stock. Basically if i screw up the suspension too bad i wouldnt know how to fix it so i do very slight adjustments.

• 2 months later...

I saw some part on Rockymountainatv.com that was like a clip on idea that dropped the front 2"...if you are racing and you got the money to put out for Fox they are top of the line and ride like a dream from what I understand. Personally, Works is where it is at. They are a solid couple hundred bucks cheaper than most high end shocks but they made my old bike ride like a dream and I fully intend on getting them ASAP. As for a shock that is more towards you're style I'm at a loss on what to tell you. Good luck, let me know what you go with and how it turns out please!!