Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

How often to change oil in a sport quad?

jaysun

As my previous posts make quite clear, I'm very new to this and have no idea what I'm doing. However, I have many mechanically inclined friends, as well as a couple friends that rode/fixed ATVs growing up.

That being said, I'm getting completely mixed opinions on how often to change oil. The guy I bought my bike from (2008 KFX 450) said he changed oil ever couple rides. I've had a couple other people tell me that. Then I've had several other friends laugh at me for that suggestion. Tonight, I finally downloaded the owner's manual and, according to that, I'm supposed to change the oil every 90 days or 1100 miles. What the fck?

If I could get some assistance with this, I'd really appreciate it.

By the way, the title (of course) should say "sport". I can't edit it.

im an atv mechanic and motor builder ..and i change mine about every 2 to 3 tanks of fuel (20 to 25 hours)of ride time ..and i also use rotella 15w-40 in my machines ..its fine to use this on wet clutch machines ...and i also do some racing of several different types with different atv's i own...and with your machine being water cooled you could go just a little longer maybe 30 hours b4 the oil change ... but i would do it at around 20 to 25 hours run time.. yu can buy a small and cheap digital hour meeter and install it on your atv under the seat to make it easyer to keep track of run time ..