WarriorPride87

1987 Yamaha Warrior - HELP - No Spark

4 posts in this topic

I'm new to working on atvs. And I just bought this atv not running. I replaced the stator, coil, and I have two cdi's. It sparked once and now won't spark at all it won't even spark if I turn the key off then back on. I'm completely baffled I'm not sure about what to do next or what it could be. It's a 87 warrior. The parking break has been deleted and I tried bypassing the the clutch switch still nothing. Also my neutral loght stays on would this have something to do with it?anything leading me in the right direction would be greatly appriciated! Thanks in advanced!

Hi I have an 88 Warrior and I had something similar happened to me I had to disconnect the wire coming to the reverse lever and it did work after that . Check with Yamaha if there was any recals on reverse switch.

Good luck

Alain

agreed. probably the reverse or neutral/safety relay giving you grief ... neutral/safety switch will not allow the bike to spark, so, i would check that wiring for breaks and/or poor contact ...

check the condition of your battery too, especially if its been sitting. It needs a full charge to start that sucker, and it the batt is shot, theres just no way around buying a new one.