zont

2002 Yamaha Kodiak 400 engine number location help please

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have just purchased a 2002 Yamaha Kodiak 400 I think, the vin has worn off and I have located an engine number I think it is J312E-004674, could anyone tell me where the engine number might be please

you will find a vin number STAMPED into the metal frame behind the front left tire (sitting on the bike), it is just behind the fender on the frame rail. you will need a good light and need to squint (LOL), to write it down. i dont think the engine # will give you alot of info ...

after you get the vin #, you can type it in here Yamaha VIN Decoder @ Motoverse.com

Capture-2_zps2325d071.jpg

Hi and thanks for the reply but the vin is completely gone from the area you pointed out, I have sanded it back lightly to take off the dirt and rust but it is completely gone, not sure what I can do now

Yamaha engine numbers normally are located on the top of the crankcase, next to the clutch cover on the right side of the engine while sitting on the bike ...

Had a look there cant locate it so I took the piston to the dealer and they said its probably a 2002 model Thanks for your help tho.

Cheers