Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1993 Yamaha Moto4 2WD - Weak Points/Plow?

rocketmoon2

Just checking up, now that im getting to giving the new "to me" 93 moto4 350 2wd a tune up. Are there any weak points to really keep an eye on for failure? Never had a shaft driven quad before. On a side note, my yamaha came with a plow which i fully plan to use this winter, are there any dos and donts for plows with this quad? gears to avoid? etc? obviously letting your bike warm up etc.

check the oil, check the rear diff., the machine is basically bullet proof. you might want to add chains to the tires for plowing as it is 2 WD ... i made up sets before with quick links and galvanized chain ... cost effective LOL

Thanks, i got the wheeler, plow set up, winch to raise plow and a set of chains with the extra traction studs for $600 when i bought it, so chains im planning on, good toknow theres no suzuki 125 bent drive shaft issue or somthing like that like my old wheeler had.

• 4 weeks later...