Quantcast

87 yamaha ymf100, what type gear grease.

I am repairing my 100 for the grandkids, the rear axle pinion gear is chewed up, but luckily I found a used on from an old moto 4 80cc that is interchangeable...I only had to change out the axle hubs, and they are splined, so that was easy. I now need to fill the rear casing with grease, as I cleaned all the old grease out. What should I use for this? It is sealed when assembled, with no way to check it or fill it further. Any help is appreciated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By jashadams
      Hey all back again with my 1989 moto 4 250.
      After putting a new carb on it it's really sputtery, it has new gas and I'm wondering what to tune on the carb to make it idle better. I've attached a video to describe the issue more. The bike is still work in progress but I think the video gets the point across. Thanks!
      Snapchat-1142015191.mp4
    • By p5200
      I'm assuming, it's alright to test the engine after adjusting valves without the rear axle installed? Can someone please verify this? I'm waiting on axle parts and wanting to get that done while waiting. Thanks! 🙂
    • By Werewolf
      My wheeler originally had a fuel leak.But on trying to start it no spark. Took front end off, when I try to start it I get one spark then nothing. Come back a while latter one spark,replaced coil and cdi box no help?
    • By adr94
      Hey,
      I am new to quads and I'd like to know more and be able to repair my BRUIN as much as I can.
      I bought a cheap YAMAHA because I know there is parts on the market and they can be repaired. 
      I hope I will learn a lot of things in this journey.
    • By SCmasterTech
      I think I have a bad axle as only on wheel drives. I'll be taking it apart soon and was wondering if it usually goes bad at the hub or differential end?