Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

2004 Honda Foreman 450 - Wiring / Plug

dlow8

hello everyone. I purchased a second hand honda foreman 450. I thought I found a diamond int he rough, but it appears to be a rough diamond. haha. My problem is related to two wires under the right rear fender above the tire (see pic). The wires are cut, and I'm unsure where they go. One wire appears to be yellow with a red stripe, the second appears to be a brownish color....... originally I had a green with red stripe wire, and grey wire cut, but I located those and re-wired them. Any help would be appreciated...... I hope this is related, but the iginition switch (neutral light/lights) don't seem to respond. I can crank the quad by arking the cylanoid, but i assume it has something to do with these wires. any help is appreciated. I just need to know where the wires go.

foreman.jpg

foreman.jpg.77278103fe4b4eebe25ef07cab12c9c7.jpg

had the same bike, it is a diamond ... yellow/red wire is a hot wire, is there power to it ?

the brown is probably the neutral/safety switch located on the backside of motor/transmission.

if your lights dont come on (neutral), somehow someone may have tried to bypass the switch. you probably have no spark when you turn it over ?

hi oxidized_black. I haven't checked power to it. I pulled all the fuses as soon as I got it to the house. the "light fuse was blown". I traced the green/red wire over the drivers side by the foot area. From the research i did I think it has something to do with tricking the atv into neutral if it is grounded. I actualy do have spark. The atv will actually crank if you arc cylonoid. (with fuses back in). It's as if the ignition key doesnt allow the lights/neutral to come on, but i assume it has to have power as it will crank. Maybe the ignition has power to all 4 wire? I have a manual, but I'm no electrician.... I just don't know where they go. It could be possible that the tie end with the green/red and brown wire that i already re-wired?

Still tinkering. I pulled the connection to the ignition under gas tank and found I have no power going to ignition......... I started back at battery and noticed I have a connection missing. Can anyone tell me where the other half of this red wire goes. See pic again thanks in advance,

image.jpg

image.jpg.101b10b06a58102371bca774ce90498f.jpg