Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

trx40012

07 trx 400ex shifting problems

I have a 07 trx 400ex. I had issues with the shifting. It would shift up to 2nd then hit a roof and go no higher. I took it apart and split the case. The shift drum works fine when shifting by hand or with pliers. But when you use the gearshift plate and shifter it will not move. Any ideas?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Christian Brindle
      I have a 2000 Polaris Sportsman 500. A year or so ago we got it running after replacing the kill switch. It ran great but after some use for a couple months it got a flat tire and for some reason we just forgot about it and it sat for some time. Before it sat i replaced the gas cap, fuel filter, fuel pump, petcock, battery, starter relay, oil and oil filter. I recently went to start it and it started so quickly and without choke or throttle but the ATV wouldn't move till about 1/4 throttle and it wasn't really a smooth ride until 1/2 throttle. it also would bog out randomly after you came to a stop and sounded like it was getting too much fuel. I cleaned the carb and adjusted the air/fuel screw to 1 3/4 turns out.  I also messed with the idle and the throttle cable adjuster up on the handlebars. It's safe to say it now runs worse than when i started working on it 2 days ago. It takes more effort to get started and bogs out idling after about 30 seconds. I tried adjusting the idle but every time i do it'll get to a sweet spot but after driving it down the driveway and back the idle will go up and down to the point where i can't put it in gear because the gears will grind. Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    • By Connor Tuftin
      I have a 1988 300 Honda FourTrax, All wheel drive.
      My brother and I were fixing up this quad. We put a brand new battery and fuses in and it was running fine until we put the quad into reverse. As soon as it was put into reverse all of the electrical cut out and power wasn't making it to the head unit anymore and both of the brand new fuses popped. We figured there might have been a short from the starter or solenoids, but they are all working properly. At this point we don't know where to start looking for where the short could be. I'm just wondering if anybody has had the same issue or knows of similar issues that could cause these electrical shorts?
    • By StolenATV
      Met with this guy to sell the unit. He was looking the unit over while sitting on it and next thing happened he took off on it right in front of me. I had my wife and kids with me and our hearts sank. The rear tires are very easily spotted by having a large yellow W for the brand Bkt
      The post 2005 400ex appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Chuck Piazza
      Hello,
                      I have a 2005 Yamaha Bruin 350 atv,  I live in Pennsylvania and  planned on using it in Colorado in a few weeks.  I'm being told by people that I may run into some issues at the higher altitudes ( 6500 to 9000 feet ) since the atv has a carburetor.  Can someone provide some insight?  Thanks.
    • By Aaron Ruiz
      Hey I'm new to the Forum but I just wanted to talk about my Scrambler I just picked up and when I first picked it up I thought it was okay but after I got home and everything I noticed it's very hard to shift into drive neutral reverse it is possible to shift into those gears but it's very stiff like and it takes a lot for it to actually engage to move forward. In Drive when I press on the gas it takes a while for it to actually start moving in the RPMs go up before it starts moving I inspected the belt it looks fine to me I checked the transmission fluid and it was low so I put some. I just hope transmission is not out just curious if you guys have any ideas
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Wali
      I was riding my 400ex one day and when i shut it off to put it in the garage i tried to start it put again to drive it into the garge and it wouldnt start.I put a compression tester on it and its like 30 psi with out throttle and 0 psi WITH THROTTLE.
      when i put my finger over the hole it fell likes its pulling my finger in more then its pushing it out 

Has good spark.When i took it into the shop the said it had 1oz of oil in it and a tiny pit of metal shaving(TINY BIT LIKE 30 flakes)
      When i try to pull start (push start/roll start) it made a not normal sound  and wouldnt stay running.
      If my bottom end is blow why would it still turn over fine,
      Are my valves siezed or not working properly 
      or is my timing off causeing valves to not open in correct order with fire 
      PLEASE HELP all help is appreciated 
    • By Coral Breding
      I loosened the allen bolts on the carrier and when I went to put my driver in the alot to pull back and tighten the chain, I noticed the holes were facing the front of the bike. I tried to slide a driver in and tighten the chain but the thing would not budge. I nearly ripped the tip off the driver in the slot. Any suggestions? 

• By afa913
      Am i better off to just replace the bearings or buy the whole carrier?
    • By afa913
      Anyone know a place i can find a used stock pipe for a 400ex?  I would love to find a take off
    • By Jordan Alexander
      The title is for attention. I’m prepping my cylinder head off of an unknown year 400ex to install on my quad. And I’m examining it and there’s literally a Jewish start( Star of David) protruding from the metal on the camshaft side of the head. It’s not imprinted or etched/ engraved. It’s coming out of the metal. DOES ANYONE HAVE INFORMATION ON WHY ITS THERE??? I’ve attached a picture