Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I just got my hands on this 87" Polaris Cyclone last week. It´s was in good running condition, I painted it and replaced steering bushings etc..

But the problem is that the Carburetor floods. Its seams it floods just as soon as you stream the gas down from the tank and I usually have to keep the throttle wide open for it to start.

I have taken the carb apart but I see nothing wrong... Could you guys give me a hint on what to look for and adjust?

Edited by Geiri

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By wiwild
      Hello everyone !
      I'm currently rebuilding my carburetor on my Yamaha moto 4 350 1987, first time I rebuild a carb 😅 ! It was leaking fuel from the overflow and inside the intake ....
      When I took off needle (the platic top part was stuck like crazy) I had a spring and inside the kit there is a spring, an O-Ring and a washer. 
      Left is the needle that was in the carburetor and right is the new set (I already tried to mount it but it didn't felt right and I accidentally broke the o-ring)
      Anyway, I saw in some videos and diagram that there is no spring in here. So should I put the spring back ? And where ? On top of the needle or bottom ?

This is an original Mikuni carb :

Thank you ! Also if you have any additionnal tips please feel free to share I want to learn the proper way !
    • By Jers
      I need to know what I have and what tire really go on it, Mine has 24x11x10 on the back and 22x8x10 on the front and I need new tire but I don't think are the right size. Also I can't find the model number listed but it looks like a 250 quadrunner 2wd and I think it is a 1987 maybe, can anyone help me, also I it has a rich running sound and I put a carb diap in it and cleaned the carb. is there a jet needing replaced?
    • By thesandmanisme
      The engine has this stamp, J416-114443. Does anyone know what they mean?
    • By thesandmanisme
      just got a 1987 LT230, wont start, looking for a service manual, pdf. I would appreciate it.
    • By Bullseye
      EDIT: Never mind, found that our local Suzuki dealer lists them for under $4 each. I did not realize they would carry parts for ATVs that old. I cant figure out how to delete the thread, so I apologize!
      Hello everyone,
      This is my first time posting - hopefully I am in the right place...but please be kind if not! I am not ashamed to admit that I am a crazy beginner when it comes to ATV repair (okay, auto repair in general), but I am trying to restore this ATV piece-by-piece. I ordered front and rear brake shoes yesterday, then realized the set I ordered does not come with those stupid little springs. I can only find used springs on Ebay and can not find anyone selling new ones anywhere except with the shoes (and were crazy expensive compared to what I paid...I guess for good reason).
      Anyone have any idea where I can get my hands on a new set of these springs?
      Thanks so much!!
      Susan