Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

toonces

2 steps forward 1 step back...how to replace this piece?

Recently did a boot swap on the old 700 Grizz and found a boogered up thread on the top knuckle ball joint.

top%20knuckle%20bolt_zpsqn6sb3ni.jpg

Can I just order the part and replace this piece myself or does this have to be done by a prof. mechanic? What tool do I use to get it out? Some kind of press maybe?

Edited by toonces

Item: 5LP-23579-00-00 $29.09

powersportswarehouse.com

I think I punched up a 2012 grizz as I didnt know the exact year.

OB is correct. :)

If the threads are good where the nut sits, Ive been known to use a triangle type file to fix the other threads.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Ajmboy
      OK, so I'm a boxing fan...anyone watch last night's fight between Manny Pacquiao & Ricky Hatton?

The PacMan is just too fast and too accurate. Floyd Mayweather just announced yesterday that he's coming out of retirement to fight Marquez in July. Maybe we'll get a December fight between Pretty Boy and the PacMan?
      So, Manny has convincingly beaten up DeLaHoya (just announced his retirement from boxing) and now Hatton...
    • By gutthooked
      Ok guys, I see repair manuals and vin lookups on here, but no place that I can lookup a part number. Is there such a website?
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By Jade Dockery
      Hi, my names jade 25. Western NC Mom of two young boys. Who wouldn’t have a fourwheeler if I hadn’t picked up learning about what it took to repair a China 110 quad. That lead to a passion of atv repair. 5 months in and I’ve learned quiet a bit and interested in helping and learning how to fix my current Honda 87 250x that’s been through some hands as well as a china 50cc dirt bike that’s been rebuilt on the outside and soon learn how to replace valve stems and piston rings. 
    • By Brad Lawson
      Hello all, I’m working on my sons 99 Yamaha Warrior 350. When I pulled the plastic cover off left side of engine, I can see oil leak at the seal. I pulled the bolt out and then the starter boss(I guess that’s what it’s called?) I can see that the boss doesn’t make contact with the seal. Is there a spacer of some type that slides on to the boss, to make contact with the seal? This seal is held in place with a plate with 3 screws in it. This boss slides into the bearing in the stator. I have been to parts websites and I don’t see what I’m needing. Maybe it’s just the wrong seal?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Bwdeaton
      I recently picked up a king quad 700 that doesn't run in the hopes of getting it running by spring. It had been previously taken apart some and a few pieces are missing in the engine, but the frame is complete and in good condition. The motor will need a piston, rings, cylinder, cams, and a few misc parts that are missing. Also the cases will need to be split to remove the pieces of piston that are in the crankcase. The piston blew up at high rpm and did a number on the cylinder so I'm trying to find out if it would be worth rebuilding this motor it buying another engine to swap in. There may be more damage to this engine that I can see so I was wondering how bad the insides of it could be considering it destroyed the piston. I have found a motor for 1200 plus 200 shipping, the only problem is I don't have that much now and I would have to save up a while before being able to afford it. Any suggestions appreciated.
    • By partsman193509
      My 500 4x4 only works if shift lever is pushed forward, I understand that there is a switch in the shifter box that goes bad and am wondering if this could be the problem and is there any way to check it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    • By wbholoch
      Hi all, I don't recall the year but I have two Kazuma Coyotes 90cc for my kids. One is fine the other one slips in forward gear to the point it won't run.
      Before I tear into this anyone have an idea of gear box adjustment or what type this is? Direct drive, band type?
      Any advice is appreciated since the kids are not very patient taking turns with one running go kart.
      Thanks for the time.
    • By Deerslayer
      My 1999 Sportsman 500 since new has had very few issues during the 16+ years I have owned it so it has been a fantastic machine!
      The problem showed up a number of months ago during hunting season and in essence once you start to ride it and then stop, it wants to continue to creep forward and makes it difficult to shift gears and there is a bit of grind when you do.
      Runs fantastic and seem to be no other problems with power to the wheels in 2WD/4WD so the only time you notice it is when you stop and especially if you need to change gears.
      I am looking for a starting point on where the problem could be.
      Appreciate any help!
      Craig
    • By bugslinger
      Hey all, Ive been having a problem with shifting my quad and its driving me nuts. Ive rebuilt the quad pretty much in every aspect except the engine and tranny but Its hard to find gears and sometimes falls out of gears and rattles. Reverse is fine and once its in a gear properly it stays in. Clutch doesnt seem to be slipping.
      I drained the oil and took the side cover off the engine where the shifting apparatus is and while everything looked fine to me there was a small piece of metal sitting in the bottom of the case. It looks like an elongated cube a little less than a cm long and half that wide, maybe a little bigger. None of the surfaces on the piece are broken, as in it seems to be a standalone piece and not a chunk off of something else. It kinda seems like a key out of a shaft or something like that but i couldnt see where it came from in real life or in the shop manual...any ideas if this has anything to do with my shifting problem, where it could be from or anything?
      After all the hours ive put into this project, any and all help would be wildly appreciated!
      Cheers!!!