Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

lulu

99 recon 250 neutral switch

neutral light does not come on when in neutral, engine will not turn over. have not found any bare wires or loose connections. not sure exactly where the neutral switch is located or how to replace it. battery is hot and reverse light works

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Christopher Middleton
      I was given a "Go-Kart" its an old Carter brothers dlx150 but the engine is not the same that came with this Kart. I am trying to ID it so i can look at getting some parts for it. the pictures attached are of the motor and the only ID marks on it. I am thinking its some sort of 200cc from the 1980's does anyone have a better Idea? I am really trying to get a rebuild kit for the carburetor. on the carburetor is  Keihin 63 AA YKT

• By Kevin Vlogs
      Hey Guys,
      I just bought my first Quad, a 2014 Sportsman 400 HO and want to replace the battery. It's not dead, but the voltage seems low and I'm not sure how old the battery is. What does everybody recommend for a replacement battery? Is there a difference that I should know about? I see Gel batteries, Regular Acid sealed batteries and a lot of different prices. Any help would be appreciated.
    • By Harold Wallace
      i wired to the winch feed that comes right from the battery. i went throuhg the switch to the light bar with AND without a relay. both time i get code C1326 on the dash and loose my EPS. what am i doing wrong? should i be feeding the bar and switching to ground? i just installed a new battery the dealer said will fix it and same problem C1326. $120 wasted again at the dealer. why can't i talk with the mechanics at these places? sales people know little about the new machines and just smile at my wallet.brand new machine by the way too.

• By weblex
      Problem: The ATV starts and runs at idle perfectly. But as soon as I open the throttle, the engine starts to slow down until it stops. On the attached video you can hear the sound of how it works: see video below
      Prehistory: there is a Polaris Sportsman 500 1998, which for about 1.5 years stood in repair, including also replacing CDI with one taken from the same ATV. Finally, the vehicles were on wheels, traveled several kilometers and overheated - forgot to fill the antifreeze Came back home in small moves. The next trip started well, but after 10 km there was a feeling of a small drop in power (even as the vehicle got warm completely) but still drives. Next trip - the situation is repeated. The next test of ATV through time and a huge loss of power from the very beginning. The engine sneezes, does not want to go more than 5 mph.

What has been done: the carburetor has been replaced with a new one (inexpensive, $ 40), a new spark plug, a new ignition coil, the engine head has been removed, the piston is in good condition, valves were corrected - but the problem was definitely not in them.

Ignition control unit is suspected. Who faced similar? Please help in solving the problem.
      Thanks in advance.

• By ezduzit
      picking up atv tomorrow, guys says motor is locked up. he thinks, anyway has been sitting for more than three years. Please understand i have not touched it yet but if his description is accurate im looking for suggestions on freeing it up before  having to tear it down. I'm hoping to get some great info from the pros on Quadcrazy.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Derick Joel Smith Trimmings
      Buying a Baja 250 tomorrow for 600 bucks, needs nothing but a wheel bearing, i already know Baja is an off brand crappier. Manufacturer, but does anyone have any tips or knowledge of these bikes? 
    • By fatfarmboy
      Just bought (Tue. evening) an '89 Suzuki 250 4wd that has been sitting out the last 5 yrs. It's complete, including the shift knobs, battery cover, and headlights. It has the optional cooling fan on it (probly stuck - didn't check), and the engine isn't locked up. Plastic looks good and isnt cracked. Racks aren't bent up. Shift lever works, the foot brake moves (needs oil - have to pull it up by hand), and there's black oil and no water in the engine sight glass. Guy was asking $125 and gladly took $100 for it. Anxious to get started on bringing it back to life. Been wanting one of these for years. As soon as I can get to it (working on a junky "Jackel" right now - Chinese Yamaha Timberwolf). I'm going to pull the tank off it and clean it, clean & possibly rebuild carb, put in new plug, and a battery, then see what happens. If nothing, will keep going until it runs. Feel free to respond if you want to, I'm mainly just excited and wanted to tell somebody. 
    • By Flanstone
      I just bought two 1985 TRX250's from my father-in-law. One runs great, the other not so much. The one is having issues with the shifter. The shifter seems to be resting lower than normal. When I press the shifter downward, it just pops back up. Any thougjts as to what the issue might be?
    • By Christopher Williams
      Hello all, 
      i just rebuilt the top end of a 99 Bear Tracker 250 and it can’t get it to hit off of gasoline or starter fluid. Occasionally it will backfire. Right now I’m just trying to get it to fire off without the carburetor like I’ve done a thousand times before with other engines. Usually there is no response, but occasionally I get a backfire through the intake. ISeems like it’s out of time, but I don’t see how that could be possible. 
      Here’s what I know:
      1. compression 120psi
      2. all timing marks are lined up after numerous revolutions. 
      3. Strong spark. 
      4. Valves adjusted correctly. 
      Thanks in advance.