Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

1987 suzuki LT230E, manual shows the plug on the underside of engine. Not there. There's an access hole in the skid plate, but no plug. I see a possible plug on the backend of the engine case. Its not underneath but on the low part of the case. Facing the swing arm. Is that it?

Edited by thesandmanisme

that mite b the fill plug, sometimes the skid plate will cover the plug ,if u hav enough clearance u mite get a good lite an a mirror an c if u can spot it ,on the flip side u mite hav 2 take the skid off.

that mite b the fill plug, sometimes the skid plate will cover the plug ,if u hav enough clearance u mite get a good lite an a mirror an c if u can spot it ,on the flip side u mite hav 2 take the skid off.

OK. That's easy enuff, or so it would appear. Thanks for your response, I appreciate that.

I removed the front skid plate bolts and let it swing down. The only bolts on the bottom of the case, are the 3 small ones that hold a square plate underneath the oil filter area. The only other place I can think, is on the lower rear case next to the reverse gear sending unit. Its a 17mm bolt with a brass compression washer. It's just strange to me that it's not on the underside. It is low on the case though.

Is the repair here as simple as;

1. Removing the skid plate.

2. Taking the oil drain cover off

3. Replacing the cover and bolt

4. Carefully reattaching the oil drain cover to the case (I know there is an O ring in there etc.)?

notice #2 take DRAIN COVER OFF

Edited by crookedbandit
left out something

Is the repair here as simple as;

1. Removing the skid plate.

2. Taking the oil drain cover off

3. Replacing the cover and bolt

4. Carefully reattaching the oil drain cover to the case (I know there is an O ring in there etc.)?

Does the drain cover have 3 bolts?

I dont know ,does the manual show a pic?

It shows a 17mm plug that can be unbolted through an access hold in the skid plate. There's no plug on the underside of the engine at all.

take off the "oil drain cover" (plate) an see if theres a drain bolt there.

I loosened the 3 bolts that hold the plate. Oil started pouring out when I broke the seal. What a fuktup setup. Lol thanks for your help!

well, now u know how to change the oil, could u look inside to see if the bolt on the side was a drain plug?

or did u pull it out to see if it was a drain or a fill plug?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.