Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I've got a 2005 Brute Force 750 that just had the main timing chain replaced (It broke) along with a couple valves (Bent). The engine work was done by my Mechanic but I removed & reinstalled the motor.

Put it all back together and it fired up nicely. I let it idle for a bit and pulled the dipstick to make sure I hade enough oil in it. Major pressure coming out of the crankcase, it was as if I had my hand in front of the exhaust! Tons of coolant in there as well!

The guy who rebuilt it is very good and I know I put it all back together correctly. He obviously missed something, anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks,

Pete

Not only did you bend the valves i think you also had a piston with ring problems.  Also, did you replace the valve seals?  Could be getting blowby on the rings.  In regards to coolant in the crankcase i say there's a seal missing or an 

o ring broken somewhere.

Coolant in the crankcase  sounds like a cracked block  or head to me; although if the head and block  have  water passages  between them  . it could be a head gasket  problem.  Rings and valve seals will  not  let  coolant into the  crankcase ,  but  a bad head gasket or cracked block or head will  let  pressure  and coolant into the crankcase.

If there is coolant getting into the crank case you would probably have coolant and oil mixture and cause a milky result. If coolant is getting into teh combustion chanber, you'd have a good amount of white smoke when running. Either can be a head gasket, seal, or crack somewhere.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:03 AM, davefrombc said:

Coolant in the crankcase  sounds like a cracked block  or head to me; although if the head and block  have  water passages  between them  . it could be a head gasket  problem.  Rings and valve seals will  not  let  coolant into the  crankcase ,  but  a bad head gasket or cracked block or head will  let  pressure  and coolant into the crankcase.

a missing seal or broken o ring in the coolant passage will also let coolant into the crankcase.

On 3/21/2017 at 1:03 AM, davefrombc said:

i never said valve seals will let coolant into the crankcase i simply asked a question re the valve seals as were they replaced.  Blowby comes from a broken or worn rings and usually when a valve job is done valve seals should be replaced. a broken gasket anywhere in the coolant train will allow it to gather up in the sump.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 1986 Kawasaki Bayou 300 Synthetic Engine Oil

Hey people Question for all, just picked a 1986 bayou 300 thinking of going synthetic any thoughts ?

By mmgood, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 6 replies
    • Polaris Scrambler 90 Blown Engine?

I've had my Polaris scrambler 90 for maybe 5-6 years and all this time i never mixed oil in with my gas. yesterday i was riding it and it made a screeching/popping noise than died and now it wont start anymore. Did I blow the engine or some seal and how would i fix this problem

By Ryan Parker, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 7 replies
    • 2018 Kodiak 450 Engine oil

Need some guidance  It's time for the engine 20 hour break in oil / filter replacement Of course Yamaha recommends their Yamalube for my Quad - No way to source it locally - Amazon sure but am wondering if i is really needed  Not very familiar with the Yamaha wet clutch lubrication requirements - would appreciate  some education  My 20year old  Honda with a manual tranny / auto clutch has been using Pennzoil Platinum Synthetic for 15 or more years with no issues      Can I use standard Castrol 10-30w dino oil? in the Yamaha How about Pennzoil Platinum 5-30w Synthetic?  in the Yamaha    Thanks for the help

By KJINTF, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Kawasaki Brute Force 300 KVF300 Service Manual

View File Kawasaki Brute Force 300 KVF300 Service Manual Kawasaki Brute Force 300 KVF300 Service Manual Submitter NokNok Submitted 10/31/2018 Category Kawasaki ATV  

By NokNok, in Kawasaki ATV Forum

• 0 replies
    • Finally a fresh new 400 two stroke motor in a 1995 Polaris scrambler

I bought a 1995 Polaris scrambler 400l 4x4 out from under a pine tree here in northern Maine the only action it seen was a plow truck hit it twice in 9 years when I got it home I tore it down the starter and rewind was full of rusty mud cleaned the carburetor put a new plug 3.2 ounce bc oil gear case oil mustard bottle shot of gas in the cylinder wrapped a rope around the clutch and pulled wow sled motor right got about 20 hours of pure full throttle fun then I buried it in a little place we call fiddlehead run black mud that I swear locked up the tires on a Kawasaki brute and snapped a shaft I flew across the top anyways long story even longer I killed crank bearings complete engine rebuilt in my or I should say my wife's living room it was hard on her now its fleshly installed I ported and polished it new everything inside I want to out drag raptor 700's I hate guys that can't change a plug I want to keep the 4x4 but alot of weight also sprockets what's the best combination and my main jet should I change it and I want to know if I can add a nitrous kit to it does anyone know if it will take down a raptor 700 if not I'm gonna put an xc700 shortblock sled motor in it   

By Bobby Belmain, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 0 replies
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LMI
      Was using the quad the other day to shuttle wood from my pickup to my wood pile.  When the job was done I turned off the Quad and heard a bit of a racket from the front end.  When I got down underneath the sound seemed to be coming from the fan housing.  fan was moving in spurts and not quickly... much like a computer case fan that's had it's day.  What I know.
      Temp sensor is ok, as the fan tries to activate fan is getting some voltage as it is attempting to spin.  When I first bought it used I tested the fan direct to battery and it was fine. The fan was working ok even not direct wired as I went on a couple of rides and when stopped and idling the fan did run Seems to be free spinning with my finger read up in the manual and they require me to drop the rad.  now I'm not opposed to that as the rad has some damaged areas I want to try and straighten out.  But if I can get the fan working without, I can leave the rad as it is until next year.
      Fan assembly is about 300 bills, any work arounds or alternatives?  I even thought large computer case brushless fan.  smaller ones are about $7 larger ones better quality probably far below the 300.  They run standard 12v DC.
      Anything I should be doing before dropping the rad... other than check for obstructions even though it seems to spin, and trying to hardwire it to the battery again for a test to see if it acts the same?
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html
    • By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By pizzaman_288
      How hard is it to change the outer seals on the rear differential mine are leaking fluid and I have no idea on how to change them out any help would be great thanks