Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Wastedfun

Kymco Maxxer 450i aka AC 450 XC - Snorkeling

Hello everyone. My first post as a new owner to my first atv. I have a 2012 Kymco Maxxer 450i, which as I have found, is basically an Arctic Cat 450 xc.

I just bought the atv and will be bringing it home from my cousins house, where i stored it after my first river test run, tomorrow. During my test run, I got it in about a foot to foot/half of water and got the belt soaked, and of course lost all power. I was able to fix it by popping off the cvt exhaust tube and revving the engine a bit, but this is a problem I need to fix...Before next weekend...I have a big river trip planned that will last the whole weekend.

So, the AC/Kymco sucks in water...and for the life of me I cant seem to find a good video or guide on how to snorkel it. Am I to assume everyone just goes at it blind and just figures it out as they go? I dont want to pay $200 for someones pre-packaged pvc tubing, but it would be nice to find something that covers this topic.

Tomorrow after work I will get a better idea of it once I have it in my garage. But I want to also know, do I have to snorkel the intake and exhaust vents? should I worry about the airbox as well? I actually have only seen the cvt exhaust vent so I dont know where the others are taking air from.

I would love to see some examples of people snorkeling their AC/Kymco atvs so I can kind of plan where I should run my tubing. And I want to try and avoid cutting into my plastics...if possible.

I also cant seem to find a replacement for the rubber hose that comes off the cvt, just encase I want to cut it and put it back to stock later to sell. Id like to see how much they cost first lol.

Aside from this main questions, any tips or tricks I should know about this model before I spend the weekend putting it through hell? Should I run premium fuel?

Yes, I am a noob to all this. I have ridden many ATVs, I have just never owned one. My cousin has like 7 or 8 of them so I have always been able to ride his. Now its time for me to learn lol.

Thank you!

Kymco (1).jpg

Kymco (5).jpg

Kymco (2).jpg

57d7734e3635c_Kymco(1).jpg.7765ab1377d1a7fae2473045cf36c386.jpg

57d7734e38e51_Kymco(5).jpg.467f02c7818a60f81898c9a31411b53e.jpg

57d7734e3b172_Kymco(2).jpg.b804ba6b4f7a585334b2d5cadd2cf131.jpg

Well I just ended up winging it and coming up with my own solution. I found that the intake for the cvt and airbox is already pretty high, so I didnt need to mess with those. But I did need to reroute the exit tube for the cvt. So I used a couple raidiator hoses and some fittings to make my own. It turned out pretty good. I cant want to test it out.

I made a video about it because I couldnt find anything else covering it and I would have loved to have some kind of video showing it. Anyways, [ame]

[/ame]

Maybe it will at least give someone a place to start in the future. Cheers.

Kudos to your imagination!

FYI: it is a Kymco. AC utilizes a cpl of Kymco machines. Others do too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By StolenATV
      Taken from my car port around 0330 and was taken by at least 2 people found footprints pushing the quad all the way to the road (80 yards)
      The post 2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EFI 4×4 Stolen appeared first on STOLEN 911.
      View the full article
    • By Johnnyhorsepower
      I finally found an awsome app for your phone that shows you on a map all the trails near your location. You can read or add reviews, look at picts...etc
      Its called: atv escape

John
    • By colin james
      2012-2014 Sportsman 400/500 factory service manual
      View File This is the factory service manual for multiple models of the years 2012-2014  sortsman 400/500 including hd edition's.
      Submitter colin james Submitted 08/13/2019 Category Polaris ATV  
    • By Dra O
      Looked at this one-owner 1998  454 today.  Pics below.  Do you see TONS of cash being tossed into this thing?  I like the low miles but I don't like the electrical "arrangement."
      1360 miles - one owner that used it for hunting - owner said it has been outside, as is, for 5-6 years (he originally told me 10 years).
      -a marine battery charges EVERYTHING (I didn't think this was possible) - he did this primarily for the wench  - a charged 12v battery didn't turn anything on the instrument panel - a charged marine battery would help but I didn't have one in my back pocket
      -no oil detected after taking off cap and I put my finger in DEEP.  no gas in tank.  brake fluid reservoir not dried up but has dark/old fluid
      -tires w/ good tread but cracking walls - some rims rusted but appear to be straight           -air box dry but filter old/useless       -original carb - didn't take out to inspect
      -foot shifter felt good/cycled through the gears      -pull start worked but I failed to check for spark
      -and then there's the WIRES... and WIRES... and WIRES.   Basically neuroanatomy 101.  More like Arctic Cat Nightmare 101.  New wiring harness on ebay runs around $70 - but this guarantees nothing.
      But the plastics are good
      Thoughts and opinions welcomed.  "Run away" -- "You're an idiot if you pay more than $XX for that piece" -- "Don't even THINK about it"
      Pictures below - may involve a second/third page

more pics

• By John Dunn III
      Just bought a LT 230 anything I should watch for. It runs and drive good. Just don't want no surprises 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Michael Aiken
      Where can I find a wiring diagram for my 2005 450 Kodiak. Thanks.
    • By Kristpj
      I know this tooic has been addressed by many, I’ve looked through many forums and pages. I did not find anything like the problem i have.
      I have a 2007 Kingquad 450. I have a new fully charged battery. When i turn the key, the dash flashes and seems to struggle before getting fully lite. We can hear a small relay near the computer clicking, i think it is the fuel pump relay. When i turn off the engine kill switch and press the starting button relays click and all the power shuts off, i turn the key off, engine kill switch then start over, power is there. Atv will start with pull start, but not elextricly. if i try to use my winch, all power cuts and engine dies. 

Can anyone tell me what it may be? or has anyone fsced an issue like this before?
    • By chuckufarlie
      I have a 2018 Kodiak 450 EPS that just this past Sunday I ran through a bit of water.
      After the puddle the belt was slipping, so I pulled over and drained the ultramatic housing and the slipping problem went away. This was all in L and everything seemed to work fine. Later when I got on a road, I put it in H, but it still rode like it was in low... i.e. I had to rev it up a lot just to get to 30mph.
      When at home I pulled the ultramatic cover off to inspect, and it looked okay in there. Not much dirt, belt and everything are clean, but when I rev up the engine (with cage in place, of course), the belt doesn't get to the top of the clutch (maxes out about an inch or 1.5" from top of clutch, so maybe it is normal).. I put it back together but same thing... H seems like L still.
      Do you think the clutch needs to be further dissected for cleaning, or could this be an issue with the gear selector?

• By Steven Alter
      I have a 2018 450 and the digital gause has started flashing on an off while driving. The backlit also goes on and off. It is worse when I hit the gas. The battery died a few weeks ago and I jumped it but its been fine until last night. Called the dealer and showed them a vid and they recommend replacing the gauge and its like 600 bucks. The machine has less than 100 hours on it. I would really hate to have to change it out. also the unit sometimes has trouble starting. Any ideas?
    • By Admin
      View File 2014 Arctic Cat 450 ATV Service Manual
      2014 Arctic Cat 450 ATV Service Manual
      Submitter Admin Submitted 02/08/2019 Category Arctic Cat ATV