Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Ajmboy

2016 Presidential Election Discussion Thread

Next President?  

48 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Vote for your choice for the next President of the United States

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump
    • Gary Johnson
    • Jill Stein

I like Trump.  He gets it.  The biggest problem in America is government... way too much of it and way too much corruption.  People say we should join the rest of the world on healthcare and get universal, government run health care.  We already have that for the veterans.  It is a disaster.  Why copy the rest of the world when America had the best health care, best education, highest paying jobs, highest standard of living...in the world.  We had limited government.  Since the 60s government has grown like a cancer and changed all that.  We are no longer limited government.

Hillary is the epitome of what is wrong with America.  She is a lifetime politician.  She has been selling out Americans to enrich herself for 30 years now.  She is a criminal that should be prosecuted (for destroying evidence, her emails, in an investigation into her corruption).  

It is sad how many people want bigger government and less freedoms.  They have been conned into thinking the government makes our lives better.  What would make our lives much better is if we got to keep more of the money we earned and the companies can do the same.  

Edited by specter

11 hours ago, specter said:

Why copy the rest of the world when America had the best health care, best education, highest paying jobs, highest standard of living...in the world. 

I  have  news for you ..  You  have none  of that. The  US  does not  lead the world in any of those categories.

It does  lead the  world in the percentage of the population incarcerated...... and a  very  large  number  of those in prison  should  not be there.

I  invite  all  following this thread to search on each of those issues  to see where the  US  does stand in each category. 

3 hours ago, davefrombc said:

I  have  news for you ..  You  have none  of that. The  US  does not  lead the world in any of those categories.

my point exactly.  we used to but not anymore.  

You  used to  have one of the  best; but it  has been  on a decline through successive  GOP  administrations  starting with  Reaganomics.  There was a bit of a reprieve with  Bill Clinton,  but  back  into   even  deeper  decline with the  Bush's,  especially  with the G.W. Bush administration...  The  recovery  under Obama  would likely  have  been  greater   if there  had been  any sort of  cooperation  by the  GOP,  but  they  were controlled  by  the  ERW  that swore  to try to  make him  fail  at  all  costs.... Clinton has survived  far too many  years  of  lies  and half truth  character  assassination attempts   by the  extreme right...She  will  make an  effective ,  but  maybe  not  spectacular  President.  Trump  is in it for  Trump, and only  Trump.. Electing him would  be   a disaster  such  as  you  couldn't  believe.  Hopefully with    the revelations finally  coming to  light  the  anti-Hillary lot  will  realize  she  id not the  ogre the  right  has painted her to  be, and come to the realization  just  what  an incompetent, lying  pig  Trump  really is. 

Again, I encourage    all  those following  this thread do  some searching of their  own on the real  status of the  US  in the  categories  mentioned, and  listen  to  international  opinions   on  the candidates  in this election  cycle ...  You  want  change ;  the  US  needs  change, but  not the  change  Trump would  bring.

"I  have  news for you ..  You  have none  of that"

"Since the 60s government has grown like a cancer and changed all that"

I think you missed that part dave. As you see..we agree.

Ajmboy, I think the pole on this site says it all.  Trump at 80% and Clinton at 20%.

People want true change.  Career politicians are all the same, doesn't matter in they are democrat or republican.  They all promise the moon and deliver nothing. Prime example is the last mid-term elections, republicans promised to repeal Obamacare and reverse his executive orders, if elected.  After election they did nothing and refuse to even challenge Obama on anything.

I am one of the independent voters.  I did not vote for Obama in either elections and it will be a very long time before I vote for am established democrat or republican.  

Joevee1446,

very well said.  I am libertarian now.  democrats and republicans are two cheeks of the same butt.  There is no party of the people, for the people.  It is the people vs the government.  

10 hours ago, LT80 said:

"I  have  news for you ..  You  have none  of that"

"Since the 60s government has grown like a cancer and changed all that"

I think you missed that part dave. As you see..we agree.

Nope .. Didn't  miss that part..  It  isn't  "government  growth  like a cancer"  that  is the problem;  it  is the GOP  turning so  far  right  and away  from the lower and  middle  earners and towards the  rich  that  is the  problem..  There's  nothing to   encourage  the  have's  to   re-invest  in the  country ..  Everything they've  done  since the  '60's   is cut the taxes  and controls  on the  rich, culminating  in the  famous "Trickle  down"  of the  Reagan  years and the subsequent accelerated split  between  the  rich  and poor  with  a diminished  middle.

Here's  something  for the  Trump  followers to  consider:

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

I can  attest  to  being told  by  my  neighbour  of the company  he  did some electrical  and security  work  for  being  pushed  into  bankruptcy  because  TRump  did  not  pay  the full  contract price  on a  project  they  worked  on  for him  in our  north.  There's  is only  one  of  many stories  of  companies failing  because  Trump shorted them  on their  contracts  and they  were  unable  to  afford  to  go to  court   to   try  to  get  the   full  payment.

I  cannot understand  in the least  how anyone   can think  Trump  would  be  fit  in  any  way  to be  President  of the  US. He  isn't  fit  to  hold even the  most menial   of any  elected  posts.

Anyone  who thinks the  US  is in bad shape now "ain't seen  nothin' yet"  if  somehow Trump  actually  does manage to  get  elected.

I  watched  tonight's   "debate"  town hall  meeting.  I  saw  Trump  being  Trump  again.  I have only two  comments.....Trump's  claims about the  Canadian  health care system  were  patently  false, and ........ how can anyone  seriously consider  him suitable for the  Presidency  of the  US?

Edited by davefrombc
fixed a typo

On 10/9/2016 at 10:58 PM, davefrombc said:

I  watched  tonight's   "debate"  town hall  meeting.  I  saw  Trump  being  Trump  again.  I have only two  comments.....Trump's  claims about the  Canadian  health care system  were  patently  false, and ........ how can anyone  seriously consider  him suitable for the  Presidency  of the  US?

It gets harder and harder everyday with the drama that comes out. But at the end of the day, he would end up changing more than Hillary would and if you want change, that's the way to go. If you like it the way it is, vote Hillary. They are both flawed candidates.

I gotta say, even with all the drama surrounding trump, I figured his poll numbers would be worse. I think Clinton stands a better chance unless there are a bunch of closet trump voters coming out...This last debate on Wednesday will be interesting.

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Change   can be  good ...... or  bad . Change for the sake of change  is  not the way to  go. Watch Trump.  He would bring  change  alright, but  not the  kind of change  you  or the  world would like to  see. 

Here  is a video  posted on Facebook  with the  opinions  of  members  around the  world.

I don't think that video necessarily captures what some of the American people are feeling. I do believe that there are many world leaders that are extremely concerned about a Trump presidency. But then you have to really think about why, and what the outcome will or will not be for them that they feel compelled to interject and make comments. I also don't think outside America opinions really impact American votes. Most Americans are focused on what's going to immediately impact them and how they feel and not so much how some Mexican or other leader likes or dislikes the candidates or process. 

America ,  like every other nation depends on world trade for their prosperity..  I know very well  world opinion  has little effect  on American  voter, far too many of which  don't really have any idea  what goes on  outside their  own  community  and state ,  let alone in  the rest of the world .. Who you have  for a  President and the policies  he / she pursues will  have  a  direct effect on your  pocket, and internal  trade is only  a small fraction of  the total  financial  picture. Trump plays to the  lowest common  denominator,  xenophobia,  racism,  misogyny  and conspiracy theories whenever someone disagrees with him.  He  poses  as  much a threat to  American  peace  and safety  as any radicals of  IS.  His temperament  could easily  lead  the  US  into  a  major  shooting war that nobody  would win.

That  is world opinion,  and the opinion   of a very  many of both   Democratic  and Republican  powers  that be.

I think there's going to be a lot of people who vote for trump specifically because of this:

Judging by the responses to this poll I see this is not the forum for me. Good luck to you all and be careful what you wish for.