15 hours ago, fartknocker said:

I would have figured mobile would have helped the forums.  Almost everyone I know,including myself uses a cell to surf the forums.  Much more convenient than being tied to a putter 

I find the puter is more convenient.  I thought it would be nice to sit by the campfire and post online, but found it was easier to ride back to the house and do it from the computer, then return to the fire.

If I'm out with friends, then I wouldn't think of posting.  If I'm riding, I won't be posting.  If I'm shopping, I'm not posting.  If I'm driving, I'm not posting.  The only time I would think of posting is when I'm by my computer.

How can you beat a 36" monitor and fullsize keyboard?  It seems much more convenient to me.  Even my laptop is easier.  Of course, my machines are always on, so maybe that's why it's easier for me.  I just wiggle the mouse and start typing.

• Like 1

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

I'm the same way, my pc is always on and I just move the mouse and go to site. This reply is because I received an email notification and saw it from my phone, and lately have been using my iPhone 5 to just reply on this site and it's auto logged me in, so it's very easy. Sometimes I use Tapatalk. The auto correct on my phone is driving me crazy though...lol.

Forgot to mention that Thumpertalk uses the same software now as this site after they updated. 

1 hour ago, Ajmboy said:

I'm the same way, my pc is always on and I just move the mouse and go to site. This reply is because I received an email notification and saw it from my phone, and lately have been using my iPhone 5 to just reply on this site and it's auto logged me in, so it's very easy. Sometimes I use Tapatalk. The auto correct on my phone is driving me crazy though...lol.

I got an email too: You are receiving this email because you are following the Forum Topic 'Where is everyone'.

I didn't know I was following this topic.  I guess that's ok here, but on busier sites I would be inundated with notifications and would probably turn it off.

1 hour ago, Ajmboy said:

Forgot to mention that Thumpertalk uses the same software now as this site after they updated. 

Yep, it's really similar.  I like it.  It's good software.

18 hours ago, JustRandy said:

I find the puter is more convenient.  I thought it would be nice to sit by the campfire and post online, but found it was easier to ride back to the house and do it from the computer, then return to the fire.

If I'm out with friends, then I wouldn't think of posting.  If I'm riding, I won't be posting.  If I'm shopping, I'm not posting.  If I'm driving, I'm not posting.  The only time I would think of posting is when I'm by my computer.

How can you beat a 36" monitor and fullsize keyboard?  It seems much more convenient to me.  Even my laptop is easier.  Of course, my machines are always on, so maybe that's why it's easier for me.  I just wiggle the mouse and start typing.

The wife is normally on the home putter (business stuff)so I haven't got much of a choice doing the phone thingy lol.  I find its way to easy to post while waiting in a line up ,on break at work or just wherever.  Became normal for me 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ajmboy said:

I find Tapatalk kinda irritating lol 

On 4/25/2017 at 6:06 PM, fartknocker said:

I find Tapatalk kinda irritating lol 

yes, it is much easier to just use the site. 

• Like 1

@Ajmboy This site used to be a lot like atvconnection and other forums that use older versions of vbulletin. The interface is very similar. I do like the editor on this site a little more along with pasting images right in and some other uploading features.  

On 1/27/2017 at 8:26 AM, fartknocker said:

This is the active topics page from hardcore sledder.  It's different software but you'll get the idea. It just takes any thread from the entire site that's actively getting replies and puts them here :cool:

http://www.hardcoresledder.com/index.php?page=active_topics

@fartknocker check out this new feature, very similar.

I know Im new here but ive been trying to engage here and a few other forums daliy. I have found in just the last few weeks these forums to be extremely helpful. With a positive attitude as a whole toward all of our mutual passion. I blame the Rise in popularity of  the UTV's (joto side by sides) to be the real reason of the decline in Quads.  

1 hour ago, DemonQuad666 said:

I know Im new here but ive been trying to engage here and a few other forums daliy. I have found in just the last few weeks these forums to be extremely helpful. With a positive attitude as a whole toward all of our mutual passion. I blame the Rise in popularity of  the UTV's (joto side by sides) to be the real reason of the decline in Quads.  

That's a good point @DemonQuad666 about the rise of UTVs, but I think the other culprit are some of the large social networking sites like Facebook and the overall decline of people wanting to share on sites like this. Years ago, you would get more people posting pictures, rides, & videos. Today you mostly see people in forums asking for technical help and manuals which is fine, but I wish more people would share pics and such also. Someone is out riding and they see something cool, they are more than likely to post it on facebook these days.

• Thanks 1

I agree its the social networks. Many forum boards I am on are pretty much dead now. This one has more activity then others ones.

I don't think its because of the popularity of the UTV's Social media sites are easy to share pictures and stuff compared to message boards. A lot of the stuff I do is not ATV related so I don't post it here.

Mike