Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Scoopeddad

1995 Yamaha big bear

I have a 1995 Yamaha big bear 350 and am having issues adjusting the transmission cable correct. It seems when I adjust it to get both forward gears I don't get reverse gear unless I reach down and push the rod on tranny. Anyone have any suggestions? When I got the atv it never ran and was able to tinker my way around everything and now it runs awesome, except I can't figure out the transmission cable.

Just a stab in the dark because I  don't  know your  quad or  how that  shift cable is mounted.... I  take it  the  shift cable  pulls on the shift  arm    for the  forward gears and  pushes  for reverse.  If this is the case,  maybe  there  is a support  bracket  that  is not connected,  letting the  cable  and  housing  flex  a bit  (in effect  shortening it) rather  than  pushing the  arm  fully into  reverse.

Cable is mounted in the bracket. The 2 19mm nuts are snug also. Just not sure which way to adjust the cable. As in or outwards. Thanks though.