Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

boutselis

Help with Quad vin number

I just purchased a yamaha big bear.  I was told that it was a 2003 400 big bear.  Now I'm not so sure.  I have put the vin in a few different decoders and got 3 different answers. One told me the closest vin was one of 3. another told me they couldnt find it and the 3rd said it was some 2 stroke model (which I know it isn't )

the vin is 5Y4AH08W9yA007113

could any one help me out

Are you certain that vin  is correct ?  This is an European  motorcycle/  atv  parts supply  company that has a  list of  Yamaha  ATV's  codes from 2000 to  2012.

Your  vin  prefixes  don't  match anything they  list .. They  do  offer  to check  a  vin  you send them  and  reply  by  e-mail..  They  list neither  the  5Y4 prefix nor the  AH08W model  code; so  those may  be  different for  North American  models.

You could try contacting them  and see if they  can  help.

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

I also tried running your VIN  on this site and  it came up with an  unknown

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Other decoder sites  also  said they could not run that  VIN

6 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Are you certain that vin  is correct ?  This is an European  motorcycle/  atv  parts supply  company that has a  list of  Yamaha  ATV's  codes from 2000 to  2012.

Your  vin  prefixes  don't  match anything they  list .. They  do  offer  to check  a  vin  you send them  and  reply  by  e-mail..  They  list neither  the  5Y4 prefix nor the  AH08W model  code; so  those may  be  different for  North American  models.

You could try contacting them  and see if they  can  help.

I also tried running your VIN  on this site and  it came up with an  unknown

Other decoder sites  also  said they could not run that  VIN

Thanks. I have an email into them.  yes. I checked it and re checked it. the vin is right in the spot it is supposed to be and doesnt appear to be altered in any way.   I did find this site that was able to decode it  

and it gave me this info   but the actual model was missing

Vin number analize
Entered VIN 5Y4AH08W9YA007113
Corrected VIN 5Y4AH08W9YA007113
Squish VIN 5Y4AH08WYA
WMI 5Y4
VIS identifier N/A
VDS AH08W9YA
Year identifier Y
Serial number 007113
VIN type normal
Check digit valid
 and learn more about the history of this vehicle.
General Information
Make Yamaha
Model year 2000
Manufactured in United States

6 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Everything  I searched on  came  up with  a 2000 model too.   Searching from  that   site  and   it  could be  a  Big  Bear,  Kodiak  or Grizzly..  Yamaha  ,  like all  the  quad makers  makes several  models with basically thee same parts but with  slightly different  badges  and accessories.

I saved that  VIN search site .  Hopefully  it will   help  another  sometime down the road.  When  I went to  register  my   Honda , I  had trouble with the  VIN  stamped on the  frame ..  it took some searching to  fine  the  proper   VIN because of the  rust  and   poorly stamped digits.  A  little  searching  plus  sanding  and using a  magnifying lass  Iwas finally  able to  get the  correct   VIN.  That's  why  I ask  others to double  check theirs.  Nothing  like 25  years  worth of trail  riding  and  corrosion  to  make  some  VINs  hard  to  read.

Bought  my Honda  3  years  ago   and when  the provincial  gov't  decided we  needed to  register them and get  a   tag  for them  before we  could continue  to  ride  the  trails  and   logging roads .  Took  a  lot of frustration  to  get the  proper  VIN to  register  it  and get  my tag.  I don't  mind  helping others with similar   problems .. That's one good thing about being retired .  I  have time to  search  and play  on the  pc .  Now  if the pensions  just paid better ..   LOL

10 hours ago, davefrombc said:

Everything  I searched on  came  up with  a 2000 model too.   Searching from  that   site  and   it  could be  a  Big  Bear,  Kodiak  or Grizzly..  Yamaha  ,  like all  the  quad makers  makes several  models with basically thee same parts but with  slightly different  badges  and accessories.

I saved that  VIN search site .  Hopefully  it will   help  another  sometime down the road.  When  I went to  register  my   Honda , I  had trouble with the  VIN  stamped on the  frame ..  it took some searching to  fine  the  proper   VIN because of the  rust  and   poorly stamped digits.  A  little  searching  plus  sanding  and using a  magnifying lass  Iwas finally  able to  get the  correct   VIN.  That's  why  I ask  others to double  check theirs.  Nothing  like 25  years  worth of trail  riding  and  corrosion  to  make  some  VINs  hard  to  read.

Bought  my Honda  3  years  ago   and when  the provincial  gov't  decided we  needed to  register them and get  a   tag  for them  before we  could continue  to  ride  the  trails  and   logging roads .  Took  a  lot of frustration  to  get the  proper  VIN to  register  it  and get  my tag.  I don't  mind  helping others with similar   problems .. That's one good thing about being retired .  I  have time to  search  and play  on the  pc .  Now  if the pensions  just paid better ..   LOL

thank you