Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Old Members Reunion Topic - Where Are You Now

QUADCRAZY has been around over 10 years now and there a lot of members that have come and gone. We had a PM message going so I decided to start a topic. If I miss anyone, please post. Anyone can post, even if you are not an old member, but please keep to the theme of updating us on what you are doing now, what's new, where you are hanging these days, etc.

Some of the old timers: @SunLrider @CK1999_400ex @trailblazer_02 @hangingon @pete59edsel @fox300exchic @powermaddd400ex @Raptor8 @GREENIE @NEWACRIDER @atvredefined @lawny @jigolbeep @cheriah @Mudflap64 @pony @Lildaisygrl18 @Tagels @mikeexplorer @Lildaisygrl18 @Jonny450R @yokochrist @DeadAim @Bimmerdog @CRAZYKIWI @KnightHawk @Senator @mellowyellow @DJLime @Desert-Hawk @davefrombc @jeeptuff @kidatvs @kfx450r @hvy_chevy_one @Roody  @rappy97 @Gunny @ALLYRATT @PolarisRich  @Tim-ANC @jerod400ex @MIKEL5469 @swampcat07 @DirtDemon @quadmaniac @WillyPoP @marioweldinginc @BioWare @Sc0tt @wylde1 @nueymansiyami @oxidized_black @mywifeknowseverythin @BuckBilly @Ajmboy @Stoopidbot1 @DrtyGrlKristin @outlander560 @01 RAPPY 660 @joet82 @wheeler0801 @Sparrows @quadnut20

Sorry if I missed anyone. Looking forward to hearing how everyone is doing. 😎

• Like 1

I'm going to start with a post on me. Just turned 42 last week, married and have 2 daughters who are 9 and 2 years old. Work in the automotive parts industry, regional sales mostly. Still have my 2004 Yamaha Grizzly and try to ride when I can but the past few years have been very busy whenever there is free time. Went back to school and am finishing my BA degree this May, so that'll hopefully free me up some more. Also trying to do a small extension and basement work on my house and trying to work that all out because we need some more room in our small house with 3 girls and 1 current bathroom! Hopefully I'll get some more riding and fishing in this spring and summer.

This is my quad:

• Like 1

I haven't been out riding much over the last 2 years. My wife and I had another baby, she is 2 yrs old now and taking care of her and my other two has been taking up all my time. I am looking forward to get back out and riding a little more this year.  I hope to see lots of pics and hear lots of crazy stories from every one else's riding adventures.

Not an  old member here in the sense of long time on the forum since I  just  joined last July,  but at  73 I've  likely  got  several   chronological years over most of the members. Don't call  me  old though.  I  can still  do everything I did when I was 18........  It  just takes longer, I  need  more help  and  I  hurt a  lot  more  afterwards.  I  can even  remember where  I  put things... Well  some of the time  anyway. 

Got the  new rear  axle in my  Honda Fourtrax 300 FW.  I definitely got  all the life out of the  old one.  The splines on the  axle  and in the  hub and the  left side were   completely  worn  out to the  point  the  wheel  spun free.  With  the  full time  4x4 it really didn't  show  up  until  I  got  in some  slippery  stuff  on  a steep grade and   one front  wheel didn't  have  much  contact.  There  is  no  posi on  that  front axle , so  with  it without traction  and only  one  rear wheel  driving, I went  nowhere .. Had to  use  the  winch to  get  up the bank, and  all was  fine  for the rest of the ride.  There's no  hesitation  now  with both rear  wheels driving again.

• Like 2

On 3/4/2017 at 5:54 PM, wylde1 said:

I haven't been out riding much over the last 2 years. My wife and I had another baby, she is 2 yrs old now and taking care of her and my other two has been taking up all my time. I am looking forward to get back out and riding a little more this year.  I hope to see lots of pics and hear lots of crazy stories from every one else's riding adventures.

Congrats on the new baby, we had one also. She's now 2 1/2. I can relate, definitely dont have the time sometimes but wouldn't trade it for the world. I want to get my 9 year old into quads, so thinking of picker her up a smaller atv...

6 hours ago, Ajmboy said:

Congrats on the new baby, we had one also. She's now 2 1/2. I can relate, definitely dont have the time sometimes but wouldn't trade it for the world. I want to get my 9 year old into quads, so thinking of picker her up a smaller atv...

Morganne is already into the quad scene. She is a full on action sports fan.

20160704_120756.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

I'm still here! I think everyone else must have changed their email address or something, or is just too old for quads! I am 43 now, not the young lad I used to be...gotta live vicariously through my kids these days. But still thinking about getting a Honda 250 or 450 sport quad to toy around with when I'm not riding my grizzly. Today I had the yammy out moving dirt around the yard...that's what I do these days, yard work with my quad.

Just ordered a plug, air and oil filters and oil...gonna do the maintenance and get back out in the woods!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Still riding, not so much in the winter as I ski, so the quad only gets used for plowing. We set ourselves up for a hopefully more camping and riding trips this year, first I bought her a new 2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400 and made her old quad a backup and plowing machine. Then I bought a Jumping Jack trailer. This one holds two machines and opens up to a nice large tent. I posted pictures on the camping section. Most recently I replaced the towing vehicle with a 2018 Chevy Tahoe. Was having too many issues and reliability with the old SUV.

Two weeks ago I got promoted at work, but since Ive only been with the company a year, Vacation time is limited so I probably won't get to do all the trips I want to this year. Still too young to retire yet. 😀 That is my goal, then I won't have to worry about vacation time ✌️

Mike

• Like 1

On 2/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, mikeexplorer said:

Still riding, not so much in the winter as I ski, so the quad only gets used for plowing. We set ourselves up for a hopefully more camping and riding trips this year, first I bought her a new 2017 Arctic Cat Alterra 400 and made her old quad a backup and plowing machine. Then I bought a Jumping Jack trailer. This one holds two machines and opens up to a nice large tent. I posted pictures on the camping section. Most recently I replaced the towing vehicle with a 2018 Chevy Tahoe. Was having too many issues and reliability with the old SUV.

Two weeks ago I got promoted at work, but since Ive only been with the company a year, Vacation time is limited so I probably won't get to do all the trips I want to this year. Still too young to retire yet. 1f600.png That is my goal, then I won't have to worry about vacation time 270c.png

Mike

I saw those pics, very cool. Congrats on your promotion at work, that's always good! Yeah vacation time is important, I get 3 weeks now and hopefully 4 weeks next year with "time served" with the same company, so we'll see how it goes.

• Haha 1

I had to leave my old company back in 2016 because of downsizing and the writing was on the wall it was closing. Had 25 years in there and 4 weeks vacation. Sucked to start over, but now this March, the place is closing up, so I got out of there at a good time.

I did luck out for being at the new place for only a year and to score a nice promotion. It will be some time before I get more vacation time so just have to deal with it for now.

Mike

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Had back surgery back in Sept & just now starting to ride again ... in the SNOW !!! ......... WOO HOO !!! ... However, I really haven't been doing much which includes getting on the computer.

And besides me being laid up, the wife just had a hip replacement revision on her right leg. This is the third one for that leg. She's already had the left hip replaced & luckily, there aren't any issues with that one.

Her right leg was real bad. That had to cut part of her femur away, do some bone grafts & she had some cables put into her leg. She'll be in rehab for a while (2wks already & looking at least 3 more wks) . Once she gets better and doing a little walking (6 to 9 months) ... she has to make plans to have both her shoulders replaced !!! ... Poor Girl !!!

2018 was NOT a good year for us. And 2019 is gonna be a little rough as well.

13 hours ago, quadnut20 said:

Just a few weeks ago !! still pedaling a sport quad !! I guess when I get old Ill have to get a 4x4 !! lol

If its still fun then your still young!

8 hours ago, Gunny said:

Had back surgery back in Sept & just now starting to ride again ... in the SNOW !!! ......... WOO HOO !!! ... However, I really haven't been doing much which includes getting on the computer.

And besides me being laid up, the wife just had a hip replacement revision on her right leg. This is the third one for that leg. She's already had the left hip replaced & luckily, there aren't any issues with that one.

Her right leg was real bad. That had to cut part of her femur away, do some bone grafts & she had some cables put into her leg. She'll be in rehab for a while (2wks already & looking at least 3 more wks) . Once she gets better and doing a little walking (6 to 9 months) ... she has to make plans to have both her shoulders replaced !!! ... Poor Girl !!!

I was wondering why we haven't seen you in a while @Gunny or any of your snow tracks videos now in the winter! Sounds like you and your wife are going through some major stuff there! Take it easy with your back and good luck to your wife with the hip recovery!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Gunny said:

Damm Gunny Sorry to hear that !! Hope 2019 is a better year for u !! I didnt see any of ur crazy vids on here lol thought u got a job or something !!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ajmboy said:

If its still fun then your still young!

I was wondering why we haven't seen you in a while @Gunny or any of your snow tracks videos now in the winter! Sounds like you and your wife are going through some major stuff there! Take it easy with your back and good luck to your wife with the hip recovery!

THANKS Ajmboy ... Here's the hoping the wife will be able to be up & walking & going for rides with me soon !!! As far as any new vids, I just posted one today. I hope you enjoy it.

Again, THANKS for the Well Wishes, it's much appreciated !!!

3 hours ago, quadnut20 said:

Damm Gunny Sorry to hear that !! Hope 2019 is a better year for u !! I didnt see any of ur crazy vids on here lol thought u got a job or something !!

THANKS Quadnut Guy ... I'm hoping for a at least a slightly better year this year. I appreciate the Well Wishes. And like I mentioned to Ajmboy ... I just posted a track'in video. If you watch it, I hope you enjoy it !!!

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, Gunny said:

THANKS Ajmboy ... Here's the hoping the wife will be able to be up & walking & going for rides with me soon !!! As far as any new vids, I just posted one today. I hope you enjoy it.

Again, THANKS for the Well Wishes, it's much appreciated !!!

THANKS Quadnut Guy ... I'm hoping for a at least a slightly better year this year. I appreciate the Well Wishes. And like I mentioned to Ajmboy ... I just posted a track'in video. If you watch it, I hope you enjoy it !!!

all ur vids are kick as* !! Keep up the fight !! 

• Like 1

Here's a little update on the wife. She's home & the best part, she is in NO PAIN !!! The leg is getting stronger everyday. Looking forward to the day she can walk again without crutches. The scary part about her getting better is, she keeps saying she can't wait to be able to drive again & go shopping !!! .......... 🤔😧😩 ... That is NOT a good sign ...... 😄

• Like 3