Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dillegm

New member from Upstate New York

Hi all, I am a CfMoto owner from Upstate Ny and just joined QuadCrazy. I've ridden and been around atv's my whole life but never owned one until recently. I've even considered getting a second Cforce 400 for friends to ride.

Glad to be here. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Good looking ATV. What type of box is that you have?

where do you ride upstate, private land, state land, etc..

• Like 1

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! Good looking ATV. What type of box is that you have?

where do you ride upstate, private land, state land, etc..

Thank you.

I'm not aware of any state land to ride on as of yet, but I just joined a private ATV club (Foothills ATV Riders) that has quite a lot of acreage and trails ranging from fields to swampy mud. Riding begins May 1st so I'm pumped. If anyone knows of New York state land thats accessible to ATV Riders please let me know. This state seems hostile to ATV's in general so far but I may be mistaken.

The cargo box is one I found on a Google search. It's called the Black Widow and I got it from discountramps.com. It was a bit pricey and I later found it for less than what I paid so a thorough search is recommended. It was pretty simple to install, requiring 8 holes to be drilled into it for universal mounting. It can hold 4 helmets at once and other stuff as well. Its pretty large.

I also just received this but have yet to install it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/282297950964

I also just installed a few high wattage LED lights up front for plowing this next winter and a 2k pound winch as well.

Whats pretty cool about these CFMoto machines is that they are setup for on road use with turn signals, horns, headlights, etc since in Europe where they are much more popular, some countries allow on road use.

That's pretty cool, I didn't know they came with turn signals and horns. 

• Like 1

Yeah I thought it was pretty cool too. There are a few scarce places in the US that you can drive an ATV/UTV on road. Utah (Provo area) is one of them. I have friends out there that own and drive UTV's everywhere they go locally and don't own a car. It would be nice if the rest of the US followed that example! There are some townships here in northern NY that are based on ATV/Snowmobile tourism but it's so touch and go, there is no legal framework.

yes, someone told me that there are sbowmobile and atv trails with a trailpass you can get, but that was a while ago. I have my quad registered and insured in NYS but they'll impound it if I drive on the roads. 

yes, someone told me that there are sbowmobile and atv trails with a trailpass you can get, but that was a while ago. I have my quad registered and insured in NYS but they'll impound it if I drive on the roads. 

They absolutely cater to Snowmobile riders, and I live near many trails that are groomed and maintained just for Snowmobiles. I recently inquired (at my local municipality) if those trails (or any others) were available to ATV's or UTV's and was told rather bluntly No. It's supposedly because ATV's and Dirtbikes require much more trail maintenance than Snowmobiles do.
They told me that NY leaves it to private individuals to make trails accessable to riders.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:25 PM, dillegm said:

They absolutely cater to Snowmobile riders, and I live near many trails that are groomed and maintained just for Snowmobiles. I recently inquired (at my local municipality) if those trails (or any others) were available to ATV's or UTV's and was told rather bluntly No. It's supposedly because ATV's and Dirtbikes require much more trail maintenance than Snowmobiles do.
They told me that NY leaves it to private individuals to make trails accessable to riders.

Someone else told me the same thing because the trails get ripped up by the tires.

• Like 1

Someone else told me the same thing because the trails get ripped up by the tires.

Thats what I've been told as well. I joined a large ATV club that has over 100 land owners and 3500 acres with hundreds of miles of trails through Washington county. It's quite nice.

HI, I'm another new member from upstate NY.  I just got a 2010 Polaris Ranger 800 HD because that's what I need for working and recreation on my 5 acres in the woods.  NY is pain the ass; I can use it on my land and in my private neighborhood and can't venture in ATV territory!  All I want to do is get out in the country responsibly and see nature, not tear it up! 

On 4/12/2017 at 5:32 PM, Ajmboy said:

There are after market kits to add that feature if you want. I found this kit online here.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arctic-Cat-1000-250-300-400-500-550-650-700-Tusk-ATV-Horn-Light-Turn-Signal-Kit/292537799878?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I already had the quads wired with a horn so if during a group ride you need to get the rider in front of you's attention, its easy :) The only thing this kit does not do is give you reverse lights. I added that on my own with a small strip of white LED lights.

The reason I did this is because of the Northcentral ATV project, we will be interacting with vehicles more, as township roads are opened to ATV use to allow making connections to different trail systems and towns. Most drivers do not understand hand signals so I figured adding this kit will make it better for vehicles to know your intention. Even now the connection trail from Snow Shoe Rails to Trails and Bloody Skillet ATV area uses township roads to make the connection so it does come in handy to be able to signal vehicles of your intentions.

0808181759 (Medium).jpg

0802181628c_HDR (Medium).jpg

0802181432 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1