Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Here's The Dilima

I'm new to ATV's i have a motorcycle background (trying to sell my 2007 GSXR 750 now):biggrin: to get me a Quad i may have it narrowed down to 3 quads in this order

Yamaha YZF 450

Suzuki quadracer 450

Yamaha Raptor 700

out of the 450's which is the best and will they keep up with the 700 i see on you tube most 700's if they win it isn't by much so i'm kinda like why buy a 700 when the 450 has faster acceleration and close top end:skeptic:

i don't know the +'s or -'s on these quads i have heard that the suzuki is wider than the others but by how much and will it matter to someone not doing any sanctioned events i will mostly be out joy riding in open areas and open trails. I might go through some tire height mud.

The Rappy is in a class of it's own. It's set up pretty much like the 450s as far as how wide it is. The rappy 700 is considered one of the ultimate trail quads. Stock the speed is not that impressive but a few simple mods and it becomes untouchable. The 700 will be better suited for trails and sand. It's hard to compare the Rappy to the 450s because they are made for different kinds of riding. I perfer the 450 b/c I race. The Raptor is not that good on track.

Of all the reviews I have read, the KFX is the slowest of all the 450's. Not by much. The 450s are so close together that a good rider can win on any of them. Top speed the Kawi will lose. I can count on one hand the times I really wish I had reverse. The Kawi's stock suspension is a pretty stiff ride,(it's adjustable)But Kawi set it up for very rough terrain. Lean back, push your thumb, and the suspension will soak up everything through whoops and such. The Kawi responds very well to mods such as exhaust and air filter.

If you'll be doing mostly woods, I would stay away from the LTR. It has a 49" stance, most atv trails are about 50". The reason the KFX is the slowest is the gearing. It has great acceleration but lacks in top end. In woods do you really ever get past 4th gear? The KFX is geared for low and mid range. So that would be the better choice. IMO

the raptor and yfz stock the 450 will get a jump on it by like a bike length... untill 3rd gear then the raptor will catch it and keep going on by... if you went up a tooth on the front the raptor should take it all the way.. the raptor will spin 1st -3rd... throw a 15t sprocket and you will be good.. the 450s are cramped if you ask me... i guess it all depends on what kinda riding your going to do most

The Raptor has a bigger slower revving engine with a ton of bottom end torque. The 450's are more racy, quick revving motors but not as much torque as the big Raptor. It is less work riding a Raptor because you don't have to worry as much about gear selection because it has so much torque. The 450's need to be kept in the right part of the power curve in order to be fast. Personally, I like the higher strung, quicker revving motors for balls-out riding, I think they are alot more fun. That's why I ride a 2-stroke, but if I were ever to buy a 4-stroke, it would be a 450, because they are snappier than the bigger bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

the kawi is the slowest of all the 450's ...go with the rappy its the best trail ride out there..has tones of power and is very reliable...fuel injection is awesome for cold starts ...trust me it will never let you down...if your someone that likes to ride fast the 700 is for you...you never have to screw around with jetting your carbs or worring about dirty carbs...hop on it and go...450's are higher maintanence as they are designed for racing...