Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Jumping Jack Trailer

Picked up one of these this year to improve our riding and camping. Its a jumping jack trailer which can haul quads or other stuff on the deck, and then opens up into a nice sized tent. We have used it four times so far and really like it. There is even room inside to store gear with the tent down which really saves on packing. The model we have hauls two machines. but they have other larger ones and one size smaller.

Mike

0816171359 (Medium).jpg

0919171919 (Medium).jpg

0920171804 (Medium).jpg

0926171827 (Medium).jpg

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd love to see more, I've been on the fence about getting one, I can also get one for a good deal but hard to find here in MI.  I actually didn't realize you would have room to put stuff on the floor when packing up, that is good to know!

Edited by 4x4ldy

We don't use the half bed extensions so it gives us a lot of room.  The front gate can turn into a table and we also set up a 10  by 10 easy-up for extra outdoor space. All stores inside the jumping jack. This year I am going to get the small awning to provide cover over the gate. You can also detach from the vehicle and leave it  by itself.

Set up video: 

Take down Video:

Mike

0816171422 (Small).jpg

0816171422a (Small).jpg

0817170939 (Small).jpg

0817171002 (Small).jpg

• Like 1

Very cool, yeah the one I'm looking at will have the 4 extensions for 2 full sized beds, I bought 2 air mattresses to use on top for extra cushion, we'll sleep 2 on each side, wondering if my ez up tent will fit in there still with all that. Do you run extension cord through to a power strip from shore power? I'm considering getting battery and solar hook ups also for boondocking. Will research all that more later on.

I have found the cushions they provide are enough. I have an air mattress but don't need it with this.

Of course after a good night a sitting around the campfire I could sleep on a bed of nails. 😀

With 4 bed extensions it will limit how much you can store inside. You will just have to play with arrangement and see what you can do. I added the propane rack which allowed room for adding a battery. I run a few camper LED lights with built in dimmers. I also  use a 50 watt solar panel when we are camping primitive. Not shown is I also have a box I built with two 12v outlets and 2 USB outlets. It also  has a battery meter in it.

You can see in one picture there is a small velcro patch which allows passing wires and such through the tent. We use a buddy heater connected to the propane for heat. I also carry stuff for when we do have power available or if I bring a generator.

Mike

0618170814 (Small).jpg

0624171856e (Small).jpg

0710171823 (Small).jpg

0710171823a (Small).jpg

0710171838 (Small).jpg

Just a note, there are not many dealers on the east cost, when I was looking for one, I had contacted Jumping Jack and they could bring one to a nearby dealer (about 20 miles from me) for $700. Then I lucked out and found the unit in Maryland. He discounted it enough it was worth the road trip to get it. ( 4 hour trip)

Yep I found one about 3 hours from me, it's a new unit but a few years old, the dealer isn't listed anymore on jumping jack website and this trailer has been there now for the 2 years I've wanted it, but I need to sell my fun finder camper, I like my little camper but I want a trailer to take bikes and kayaks with us vs having a tv and running water (although I will miss that, I have researched on demand propane water heaters). Not to mention the upkeep and fear of leaks all the time. I just want simplified camping, you can see the price and accessories I can get, I think a great deal, but the funds will come from the sale of my camper, I have about 5 families lined up to view once out of storage.

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_9535.PNG

• Like 1

All the accessories are discounted as well that would be a good deal. The unit I bought was a 1 year leftover but new.

I do know the warranty is from time of sale, not manufacture.

I don't understand why they are not more popular. I have friends who travel west to hunt and they see them all over the place. Its a unique way to camp and a great way to haul machines without needing a ton of towing power like a toy hauler.

Mike

Edited by mikeexplorer

Yes I agree, I like that we can take out lawnmower to dealer for fixing if needed too, can't do that with the fun finder. I think pros and cons, it'll be cold here in MI but we only camp in summer/fall anyhow. A neighbor said never again to a pop up because they had bears tear through end of it, I could see that being a negative, too, but summer when hot the air is nice, but I've read about making air conditioner from 5gal bucket, and also you can buy them now for a few hundred that run off of electric. I plan to look more into the road showers too, was thinking on back gate. I super excited and hoping I can finally get it this spring! Then convince hubby to go with us will be the kicker :)

Yep and that's why I think the hubby will love it once I get it

btw, my camper was bought with my work bonus because I wanted a camper in 2014 and hubby doesn't care to camp, we camped a few times a year then ball life took over with kids, so a lot of work on myself getting trailer level and hooked up etc, I can manage but the kids hate it because it takes so long with awning, rugs, level because if not perfect fridge won't work etc, too much....

• 2 months later...

Since it has a lot of inside space, we have used a buddy heater to keep warm. I have a hose that runs out to the 20 pound tank on the trailer.  I have the quality unit, has a tip over sensor and low oxygen sensor. We camped when it dropped into the upper 20's and was warm with it on low. I just kept one window open a bit for air.

This weekend it will be the opposite, HOT. I am rigging up air conditioning and will see how that works out.

Mike

Awesome to hear, I sold my camper and now debating which trailer, I can get a brand new 2014-15 from a state away but it's the 6x8 and few accessories do about 6k, or I can get a show special shopped from Utah since no local dealers, but I can get the 6x12 with 8foot tent shipped for about 9k, I'm torn because my camper sold and I have 6k cash and could get the 6x8 np just have to travel to get it, but I wonder if I'll have regrets about not going bigger and having that extra deck space as the kids grow and the extra "toys" are needed. What would you recommend having owned one for some time?

On 3/30/2018 at 10:36 AM, 4x4ldy said:

Yep I found one about 3 hours from me, it's a new unit but a few years old, the dealer isn't listed anymore on jumping jack website and this trailer has been there now for the 2 years I've wanted it, but I need to sell my fun finder camper, I like my little camper but I want a trailer to take bikes and kayaks with us vs having a tv and running water (although I will miss that, I have researched on demand propane water heaters). Not to mention the upkeep and fear of leaks all the time. I just want simplified camping, you can see the price and accessories I can get, I think a great deal, but the funds will come from the sale of my camper, I have about 5 families lined up to view once out of storage.

IMG_6114.JPG

IMG_9535.PNG

What dealer is this and where is it located?

On 6/29/2018 at 8:07 AM, 4x4ldy said:

Awesome to hear, I sold my camper and now debating which trailer, I can get a brand new 2014-15 from a state away but it's the 6x8 and few accessories do about 6k, or I can get a show special shopped from Utah since no local dealers, but I can get the 6x12 with 8foot tent shipped for about 9k, I'm torn because my camper sold and I have 6k cash and could get the 6x8 np just have to travel to get it, but I wonder if I'll have regrets about not going bigger and having that extra deck space as the kids grow and the extra "toys" are needed. What would you recommend having owned one for some time?

In your case, get the bigger one since in your case, you will need to put more then 2 quads on the deck. Plus you would want the bigger tent with having kids. Plus you will have more storage space inside with the longer tent.

In our case, the 6x8 is fine since there is two of us and no kids. We always ride quads with no plans for a side by side. A friend just purchased a side by side and is interested in a 6 by 8 so we put his machine on the deck to test fit it, and it fit fine. (A Polaris General 1000)

Who is the dealer that has the 6 by 8 jumping jack? This guy is interested in getting one now that he saw ours.

Mike

0629181838_HDR (Medium).jpg

0629181744_HDR (Medium).jpg

The guy who is interested in a Jumping Jack called them yesterday and they told him they can ship it right to his door for a total of $6,500. (They are on sale for $6,000 and to ship is $500) This is for the 6X8 unit (the one I have)

We are from Northeast PA, to drive to Ohio and back would be a considerable road trip and may not be worth it.

Let me know if you pass on the deal

Yeah I'm going to pass on the OH deal, I sent them an email and told them I didn't want to regret not getting the larger trailer, I can send you the info, yes I am getting it shipped to my door for $500 also, it is more $$ and it's the market price for 6x12 (8495.00) but a few freebies are included which is nice, I wonder if the smaller trailer goes on sale and the larger ones they throw in some stuff, sadly some of it I won't use until I get more accessories but I'll hold onto them (example: adapter for cooler racks etc but I'm not getting cooler rack to utilize adapter)

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time, but there is a 2 week waiting period so I'm putting deposit down to get the ball rolling ...lmk if you want the phone number to other place, maybe they'll make you a better deal than they made me 😉 

IMG_0944.PNG

This is the location of the trailer, JTI Trailer, it's a 2014/15, good luck in your search, if you are going to do the other option find out soon, sounds like they take bids from 3rd parties and if one is coming to MI in a couple weeks, you might want your trailer on it too 😉

IMG_0950.JPG

• 2 weeks later...