Quantcast

Jumping Jack Trailer

15 hours ago, mikeexplorer said:

With he past few weeks being hot & humid, I came up with a way to have redneck air conditioning in the tent.

Amazing what you can do with cardboard and duct tape 😁

Kept us nice & cool on the warm humid summer nights.

0629181838_HDR (Medium).jpg

That's very innovative @mikeexplorer !

1 minute ago, 4x4ldy said:

Guess what I got? I'm geeked!!

IMG_1541.JPG

Congrats @4x4ldy !

12 minutes ago, Ajmboy said:

That's very innovative @mikeexplorer !

Congrats @4x4ldy !

Thanks, now one more ball tournament then we can take it out somewhere, need to rig it for kayak rack, we are demoing some tomorrow so that will be next step, I went out yesterday to get the right size drop hitch for my car 👊🏻5" drop worked perfect! I need to get a few new totes and repack my camping gear, excited to get out there and do something with it!! I also went to tractor supply, will be looking for a tongue box down the road, it'll be next years project ❤️

IMG_1556.JPG

• Like 1

Nice a 6 x 12, you will like it. You will also like that you can store gear inside with the tend closed. I think  I posted a picture of how I arrange my gear to store inside the tent. It save a lot of packing.

Its good you got the right sized drawbar, When I bought my Tahoe, I also got the all season package which has larger wheels and even a 5 1/4 drop was not enough. I had to get one of those adjustable ones and set it for 7 inch drop.

Make sure you check your vehicles ratings before adding a tongue box, you don't want to exceed your tongue weight.

Mike

• 3 years later...

It is now our sixth year using it and it has been good. It has held up well. It still didn't seem to catch on on the eastern side of the country. I still have yet to see another one :) They no longer have dealers on the East coast. So if you want one, you order it from them and for $500 they will bring it right to your door.

Mike

• Like 1

Over time I have tweeked the setup. I added the propane rack on the front which allowed room to add a battery. I built a breakout box with a small fuse block to power stuff including a 12 volt refrigerator. Since we don't use the bed extensions, it leaves one whole side to store gear inside all the time which saves on packing / unpacking.

0412221745_HDR (Medium).jpg

0412221817_HDR (Medium).jpg

0413221758 (Medium).jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Great to see folks talking about these, buying them, and sharing ideas for setups etc. I had one when we lived in NV and, unfortunately, moved back east due to job circumstances and never got to take it out and use it. Bought it brand new and picked it up at the factory in Salt Lake City the day it was finished. The folks that make them are great and take a ton of pride in their work. Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the 6x8 I had was light enough that I could haul my Polaris Ranger 900 on top, unhook it from the truck, and pull the Jumping Jack up into the mountains for hunting season and not destroy my truck in the process. Made it possible to get into areas usually only horse guides could get into to setup camp. Really surprised that they gave up on the east coast, everyone I've talked to has never even heard of them and loves the idea. Might seem pricey with options added on, but price out a nice high quality canvas tent and all the fixins to go with it, plus figuring out how to haul that along with your gear out to a camping spot, and the price really starts to make sense. I had lots of plans for mine, just didnt get to realize them, it's great to read through threads like this and see folks making it happen!

Yes they are very good to deal with. I recently broke one of the straps that holds the side down on the wing and called them for replacements. He told me how to replace them. They were not expensive.

I am surprised there are not many on the East coast. For us it was the best option to camp and carry two quads.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By BruceG
      Hi guys. I have a problem where the quad will start and run well for about 5 minutes and then it dies. On inspection the airbox has oil in it (quite a lot). The oil is pumping through the cylinder head breather hose. This problem first happened suddenly. I have since done the top end including, piston, gaskets, rings and valves. I have also done the carb (not that I thought that this was the problem). The compression seems normal. The only thing that I can think of, is that I did not grind the valves well enough. Anyone experienced this? If so, how did you fix it? Any other thoughts?
    • By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By mywifeknowseverythin
      For those of you who are into coffee, I found this little article that might interest some of you.

I admit it. I am a coffee snob. I try not to be obnoxious about it, but let the record show: I enjoy a really great cup of coffee. But pay $4 a cup for it? No way. Even snobs have their limits.
      Over the years, I’ve learned that a really good cup of coffee has less to do with money and more to do with knowledge and care. In fact—and this is the amazing thing—the more I learn, the less I spend.
      BEANS. Purchase whole bean coffee as soon after it has been roasted as possible. Freshness is the key to a superb cup of coffee. Purchase in small amounts—only as much as you can use within 2 weeks of being roasted.
      RATIO. The perfect ratio of coffee beans (prior to grinding) and water is: One-half cup whole beans to 8 cups of water.
      GRIND. Grind your beans as close to brew time as possible. A burr or mill grinder that crushes the beans is preferable to a blade grinder that cuts them. Once ground, coffee should be used immediately.
      WATER. If your water is highly chlorinated use bottled or filtered water. It must be right at 200 F, just short of boiling temperature, when it hits the dry grinds. This is critical to creating a great cup of coffee. Consume immediately.
      STORE. The enemies of roasted coffee beans are air, moisture, heat and light—in that order. Keep your beans in an airtight container that is not close to moisture (sink, dishwasher), heat (oven, stove) or light (countertop). Do not store your daily coffee in the refrigerator or freezer because contact with moisture causes it to deteriorate. For larger quantities of roasted beans that you cannot use within 2 weeks, wrap in airtight bags and store for up to a month in the freezer—making sure the beans are completely protected against moisture. Once removed from the freezer, do not return.
      BUY. Most supermarkets offer high-quality, roasted coffee beans for $.60 to $1 per ounce ($9.50 - $16.00 per pound). Ouch! Discount warehouse clubs like Costco, Sam’s and B.J.’s have considerably less expensive coffee at about $9 a pound for name brands like Starbuck’s and Peet’s. Still, that’s too rich for my blood.
      ROAST. I roast my own coffee for two reasons: It is infinitely better tasting and half the price. I purchase green coffee beans by mail order for about $4 - $6 a pound, depending on current conditions and variety. I started out roasting in a popcorn popper (West Bend’s Poppery II is ideal) and have graduated to a small coffee roaster. My favorite resource for everything from roasting instructions to green coffee beans is http://www.u-roast-em.com/. Owner Jim Cameron has a wealth of knowledge and is anxious to share.
      You won’t believe how easy it is to roast coffee. And enjoyable, too. I roast only one-week’s worth at a time—about twenty minutes. Green coffee beans have an indefinite, useful shelf life of at least a year, and probably two or longer. But I’ll never know. Coffee beans just don’t last that long around my house!
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be?