Officially a Polaris owner

BuckBilly

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
22 minutes ago, MarkinAR said:

Try not to go into very deep water as Polaris has a real issue with the belt box leaking. Decent machines otherwise. 

thats only with the 850s that sometimes come from the factory with warped belt boxes.  the 570s are tight, but every belt box will leak if the seal is not correctly repacked when you pull it apart.  take the extra 5 mins to make sure the seal is not twisted and you should be good to go- same deal with the air box lid.  for some people who like to go deep all the time, they will go and purchase an aftermarket seal thats thicker and wont twist and leak like the oem

ive had my 570 4 foot in water for multiple minutes at a time and not a drop has ever got in the belt box

have also had my 850s belt box under water several times too without any issue

5 hours ago, JacobSlabach said:

thats only with the 850s that sometimes come from the factory with warped belt boxes.  the 570s are tight, but every belt box will leak if the seal is not correctly repacked when you pull it apart.  take the extra 5 mins to make sure the seal is not twisted and you should be good to go- same deal with the air box lid.  for some people who like to go deep all the time, they will go and purchase an aftermarket seal thats thicker and wont twist and leak like the oem

ive had my 570 4 foot in water for multiple minutes at a time and not a drop has ever got in the belt box

have also had my 850s belt box under water several times too without any issue

Good call. I didn't know it was only the 850 that folks fuss about. 

On 3/2/2021 at 9:23 PM, MarkinAR said:

Good call. I didn't know it was only the 850 that folks fuss about. 

yea and even with the 850s, its hit or miss and i think with the latest years the issue of the warped belt boxes has been fixed.  but for anyone who does have a leak in the belt box, check for cracks (if your bike is used or has blown a belt recently) and check that the rubber gasket is not twisted or damaged and for me if i was knowingly going to take the bike deep, i would go ahead and replace the airbox and belt box gasket with a aftermarket thicker, twist resistant gasket