Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

What do you have on your bike or with you before you hit the trails?

Hello everyone, back from a crazy few months of riding, hunting and fishing! So I’ve added a storage bag to one of my bikes and loaded it up pretty good before we went out into the woods/trails etc.  My son questioned me and said what do we need all that junk for?  I told him you never know  maybe a flat tire water etc.

Needless to say that junk came in handy.   So my question to everyone that hits the trails is what do you have or recommend to maybe take with you before you go? And what would be the one most important thing that’s a must have? 

And also any recommendations on a  storage bag that’s not so costly and performs the best? I like my bag but not very good .

I agree with @mikeexplorer, that's a good list and I always bring snacks, food, and water. I don't have jumper cables, but that's a good idea. Maybe some cigars and phone charger, extra clothes if its going to be muddy. Out of mechanical, most important to me is the plug kit and a compressor because that'll stop you from going anywhere if you have a puncture.

• Like 2

Plug  kit  and compressor  here  too.  Along with a multi-driver  screw  drive, spark plug  wrench,  pliers, A  home  made  set of ATV  jumper  cables, and  a small  set of  common combination  wrenches.  I  also have  a  tow  strap and 12v to  5v USB  plug and USB   A  to  mini  and  micro USB  cables to  charge  cell  phones and accessories, and finally,  a small  LED  flashlight.  It  sounds like  a  lot  when  listed  but all   those  fit in the  built in  storage  compartment in the rear. I  also  have  a compact  shovel  and  hatchet  strapped to the front  rack. I  have  a  cheap  saddle bag that  fits over  the  gas tank  to  carry  gloves, clear  and  sun  glasses.  I  added  two  accessory  sockets  to  my  quad,  one  front  and one rear  to  power my  GPS and any  other 12v accessory I  might  have  with me  on any outing.

That  is the  basic,  always  on the  quad, set up. Anything else  I carry  depends on the  outing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So I added a new feature to my bag! I was at an army store today and found this cool little collapsible military shovel that folds up and also is a pick axe ⛏ and saw as well as a compass on the top of the handle. It folds up in this little pouch and fit right in the storage back! Never know when you need to dig a trench! Lol just sayin. 

If I'm riding at night, flashlights but also have this cool led from grote, has a magnet, holds a charge, has a flashing feature. Great for camping and night riding. Very bright. $80 at Walmart and  $78 on Amazon.  I use this light for other things as well and it's come in handy. 

Grote BZ511-5 Mossy Oak Camo Rechargable Magnetic LED Work Light

Edited by quadmaniac
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know a lot of people use their phones with apps now for mapping but a decent GPS unit is far better to use. When your running the GPS sensors in the phone all the time, I find the battery is used much faster, plus a phone won't hold up to dust, mud, & water depending on where your riding.

I use a Garmin Oregon 340t which was $450 back in its day (not cheap) but it has features I use. A set of AA batteries will last over 12 hours with continuous use. It resists dust and rain with no problems. Cheaper units can be found for a reasonable price that would have the needed features such as marking waypoints and tracking. 

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By kawasig
      Hello there
      I'm having a problem finding a quality carburetor for a 1993 Suzuki Quad Runner lt-f 250 2x4. I find a lot that have 3-4 star ratings. And all so far don't have the right throttle Cable inlet at the top. The last one I got 4 star on Amazon has a threaded cable sheath rest that could be partially drilled to work. I would prefer to get one I don't have to modify. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!
    • By Mikey69
      Heres my story. Kinda long. I guess I was a late bloomer when it comes to quads. I had never ridden a quad in my life. Rode Dirt Bikes as a kid growing up. Back in Oct of '06 I found a Mustang on craigslist. Took it for a test drive one morning before work. Fast car. 351 Cleveland. I had planned on meeting the guy again after work. For some strange reason thats still to this day beyond me, I stopped in Hillsboro MotoSports on the way home from work. I had 6 Grand on me. There was a left over '05 sitting by the front door. It was on sale for $4999. It was $5499 OTD. I didnt even look at anything else. I knew nothing about quads accept I thought it really looked coool and I had the money in my pocket to buy it. I was sitting on it when the salesman walked up and asked... "Can I help you?" Without hestitation I pulled 60 Ben Franklins outta my front pocket and said "I want this Quad. Load it up in my truck." It was just about dark by the time I drove away from the shop. BTW, I didnt bother to ask my ol lady if I could buy it. LOL. Anyway, I took it by the house and showed her. She was kinda stunned but not mad. We drove over to a friend of mines house and unloaded it. I took it to the field across the street from his house. HOLY CHIT!!!!! I was surprised by the power. I had it for about 2 weeks and took it to Sand Lake. I was there a few hours and rolled it on a banked turn at the top of the bowl right before you get to the one-ways. When it rolled, I flew off and landed on my belly. The quad came bouncing and landed on my back. For a month I couldnt even walk. I was scared of it. I considered trading it for a 250EX. Went back to the shop. The salesman said..."Dude!!! You dont want a 250EX!!! Trust me. Just get used to it" I still wasnt convinced. I put it on craigslist for $4000. Calls were coming in. I had a guy that wanted to come look at it that evening. I decided to take it for one last ride at Browns Camp before I sold it. I was still afraid of it. After about 5 minutes I started feeling comfortable on it again. I decided right then, I loved my Honda 450 and would learn how to ride it instead of selling it. That was late Nov of '06. Work was slow for a Painter in Oregon. My new job everyday? Going to Browns Camp and ridding my Quad. I bought my Girl Friend an '02 Blaster. I rode my 450 for 4-6 hours almost every single day for 3 months. And yes, I know my way around Browns Camp pretty well. LOL. In March I bought her an '06 TRX250EX (Thank God I didnt trade my 450 for one of those) LOL Since then, I have become totally addicted to quads. I love them. Couldnt imagine not owning at least one quad. Luckily I have two. My "07 was $6500 OTD in July of '07. Bought it for my Girlfriend. Traded in her 250 EX. A month later we broke up. So, I wound up with two Honda 450's.

• By luckyyyyesther
      Hey all!
      I'm on a mission to buy my first UTV soundbar as a gift for my dad(a newbie on ATV). I'm aiming for something that offers great sound quality without breaking the bank – my budget is around $250. Right now, I'm considering options like ecoxgear, kemimoto, and boss.
      Does anyone have experience with these brands or specific models that you'd recommend? Any advice or suggestions would be super appreciated!

• By 1998Zuki250
      What are your riding location preferences? Mud Park? Personal Trails? Public Land?