Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Frank Angerano

What do you have on your bike or with you before you hit the trails?

Hello everyone, back from a crazy few months of riding, hunting and fishing! So I’ve added a storage bag to one of my bikes and loaded it up pretty good before we went out into the woods/trails etc.  My son questioned me and said what do we need all that junk for?  I told him you never know  maybe a flat tire water etc.

Needless to say that junk came in handy.   So my question to everyone that hits the trails is what do you have or recommend to maybe take with you before you go? And what would be the one most important thing that’s a must have? 

And also any recommendations on a  storage bag that’s not so costly and performs the best? I like my bag but not very good .

Air compressor, plug kit, valve stem kit, tow strap, Set of sockets and wrench. multi-tool, electrical tape, zip ties, spare fuses

jumper cables (quad style, not automotive), spare spark plug.

Thats what I carry, probably missed a few things.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with @mikeexplorer, that's a good list and I always bring snacks, food, and water. I don't have jumper cables, but that's a good idea. Maybe some cigars and phone charger, extra clothes if its going to be muddy. Out of mechanical, most important to me is the plug kit and a compressor because that'll stop you from going anywhere if you have a puncture.

• Like 2

Plug  kit  and compressor  here  too.  Along with a multi-driver  screw  drive, spark plug  wrench,  pliers, A  home  made  set of ATV  jumper  cables, and  a small  set of  common combination  wrenches.  I  also have  a  tow  strap and 12v to  5v USB  plug and USB   A  to  mini  and  micro USB  cables to  charge  cell  phones and accessories, and finally,  a small  LED  flashlight.  It  sounds like  a  lot  when  listed  but all   those  fit in the  built in  storage  compartment in the rear. I  also  have  a compact  shovel  and  hatchet  strapped to the front  rack. I  have  a  cheap  saddle bag that  fits over  the  gas tank  to  carry  gloves, clear  and  sun  glasses.  I  added  two  accessory  sockets  to  my  quad,  one  front  and one rear  to  power my  GPS and any  other 12v accessory I  might  have  with me  on any outing.

That  is the  basic,  always  on the  quad, set up. Anything else  I carry  depends on the  outing.

• Like 2

Wow some great replies. I keep just about all of the same things. And extra eye wash!  The only item I truly love is instead of the jumper cables is the small jumper pack. Mine is about the size of a cell phone and has a flash light and two USB ports as well.  Other then that great replies. 

Wow some great replies. I keep just about all of the same things. And extra eye wash!  The only item I truly love is instead of the jumper cables is the small jumper pack. Mine is about the size of a cell phone and has a flash light and two USB ports as well.  Other then that great replies. 

I did forget to add the phone charger, tow strap and flashlight.

I am amazed at  how many people I see riding that carry nothing.

Mike

• Like 1

I agree with all the excellent suggestions.

also include a small tarp, 20’ nylon cord and a folding saw - keeps one at least partially dry when changing/ repairing a flat in the rain.

a good quality flashlight is also a must

• Like 2

I have front and rear hard storage, so I stock it with some extra water, extra Gal of gas, Winch accessory kit w/ tow and recovery strap, a 1st Aid kit, and compressor.

• Like 2

So I added a new feature to my bag! I was at an army store today and found this cool little collapsible military shovel that folds up and also is a pick axe ⛏ and saw as well as a compass on the top of the handle. It folds up in this little pouch and fit right in the storage back! Never know when you need to dig a trench! Lol just sayin. 

If I'm riding at night, flashlights but also have this cool led from grote, has a magnet, holds a charge, has a flashing feature. Great for camping and night riding. Very bright. $80 at Walmart and  $78 on Amazon.  I use this light for other things as well and it's come in handy. 

Grote BZ511-5 Mossy Oak Camo Rechargable Magnetic LED Work Light

Edited by quadmaniac
  • Like 1

Water, cigs, jelly beans , ear buds and my note 8 witha great mapping app I installed