Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

ladykingquad

2005 Suzuki King Quad 700 Wet No Power

I need some advice on my 700 kingquad. I recently went out into some deep water (not sure if this is the issue or not) I did not submerge past the seat all the way, however I did wheelie out of it with the back end submerged for 5 seconds. I realized after I did this that you could hear the engine going up in rpm's but there was no power to the wheels after a point. You could only hear the whailing of the engine. Could someone lead me in the right direction... basic knowledge would be to check air filter, belt housing for water, spark plug. Otherwise I am at a loss. Thanks in advance!

I would look into all the fluids, oils etc see if any water got into the crankcase or through the air filter and any other oil filled parts of the bike, maybe change the fluids anyway just to be safe.  Only other thing ithats left is electronics check all the plugs maybe open them up and use a leaf blower to clear any residual water from the fuse block and all electronic parts.  

• Like 1

Your revs going up  and no drive  power to the wheels was because your  CVT transmission belt  and clutches got wet.  It  doesn't take a  lot of water  entering the housing and wetting the  belt to  make it slip .  CVT transmissions  drive on the  sides of the  drive  belt .. Since the  clutches  are  smooth, they  lose  grip  on the  belt when  wet ..As soon  as  the clutches  and  belt   start drying they  regain their  grip.  A  worn belt  will  slip  much quicker than a new one since it is narrower  due to the  wear  on the sides as it  is  used.

Definitely  check all  the  fluids for water that  may  have  entered through the  various vents on the   differentials,  transmission and motor.

• Like 3

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I ordered a new air filter, pulled the plug on the housing cover, and checked the fluids. Found a broken sensor leading to the speedometer problem I had as well. Looking forward to getting her back in the woods! 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, davefrombc said:

Your revs going up  and no drive  power to the wheels was because your  CVT transmission belt  and clutches got wet.  It  doesn't take a  lot of water  entering the housing and wetting the  belt to  make it slip .  CVT transmissions  drive on the  sides of the  drive  belt .. Since the  clutches  are  smooth, they  lose  grip  on the  belt when  wet ..As soon  as  the clutches  and  belt   start drying they  regain their  grip.  A  worn belt  will  slip  much quicker than a new one since it is narrower  due to the  wear  on the sides as it  is  used.

Definitely  check all  the  fluids for water that  may  have  entered through the  various vents on the   differentials,  transmission and motor.

This is exactly what probably happened and has happened to me a few times. There should be a plug to release the water on the bottom of the belt housing. See #4 in the diagram below:

image.png.e4c2a41050ef6cfe99bf6cb65173a880.png

If you need the manual, there is one here:

* Manufacturer and issue added to topic title.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.