Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Morgan

2017-2018 Grizzly or Kodiak 700

Hi im new here and new to atvs but i do know its a yamaha im going to buy.the question are should i go for the kodiak 700 or the grizzly700 both new 2017-2018.the grizzly are about 2500euro expensiver but is it worth it?im going to do some firewood logging and ride on trails for fun.no extreem offroad.please help me out 

Welcome to QUADCRAZY. If you can afford it, go with the Grizzly but the Kodiak is a great ATV as well and should be find for what you are doing. Years back, there were more differences like independent rear suspension. I believe with the late models it's really the difference in suspension and power delivery between the two. The Grizzly has more aggressive power and comfort built in. Check out the videos below. I also added the year range into your topic title.

• Like 1

Tanx.i think it will be the kodiak..but how are the fuel economy in a 700 vs 450.the 450grizzly are also cheaper to buy.but is it slow against the 700

How about to go for a grizzly 450 instead of kodiak 700?is the 450 mutch slower?im to old for riding on adrenalin

19 hours ago, Morgan said:

Tanx.i think it will be the kodiak..but how are the fuel economy in a 700 vs 450.the 450grizzly are also cheaper to buy.but is it slow against the 700

Unless you're a hard core racer or otherwise obsessed with speed , any  quad  from  200  CC on up  will  give  you  plenty  of speed for trail riding.  My  old  '91  Honda  300cc 4x4  quad  will  hit  40  mph on the  flat  and level .  A  450  should easily get up to  50  or  more and probably  match the  700.  About the  only advantage  the  700cc would  have is in pulling power  or for plowing   heavy  snow, at a  higher  cost  for  fuel  in the bigger motor. For normal riding , the  450  will  be  more than enough

• Like 2

Ok  thanx im just afraid to regret if i go for the 450.how about the durabilyti will the 700 live as long as the 450?

I agree with @davefrombc

I had a Kodiak 450 and it was great, fast, got through trails where other quads did not. I moved to a 700 king quad at the time because I wanted to comfort, bigger machine, and independent rear suspension. Today, you can get a lower model kodiak or grizzly and it will have these things. I would go to the dealer and sit on both and get a feel for them. Get a model with the third top light, seems the EPS versions have it. I miss that on my older grizzly and had that on my king quad which it looks like they removed on the king quads...😒

• Like 1

The 2018 450 is now kodiak.and NO difflock😨 im not buing one whitout.i have found a  new 2017 450grizzly no 3headlight..but difflock..about 2000euro more i get 700kodiak 2018.but 2000 is many houers at work😳..f...k i dont know what to do

On 2018-02-04 at 3:50 PM, Ajmboy said:

Welcome to QUADCRAZY. If you can afford it, go with the Grizzly but the Kodiak is a great ATV as well and should be find for what you are doing. Years back, there were more differences like independent rear suspension. I believe with the late models it's really the difference in suspension and power delivery between the two. The Grizzly has more aggressive power and comfort built in. Check out the videos below. I also added the year range into your topic title.

Z

What year did yamaha start whit the variator they use on the new models?i have found a used 550 2015.anything bad about these models?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.