Quantcast

Rescuing a Sunken Can-Am

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I doubt that it was unharmed. i bought one that had been swamped and the gear box oil looked like straight muddy / greasy goo. It wouldn't function at all. Required a full rebuild. The vent lines on the gear box are way to short so i ran them under the from panel, but in this guys case that would not help.  The engine also had a rod knock. Found the bearings scored from the water intrusion.

As far as the fluids go, drain all oil, grease, and diff fluids. Refill with something cheap, run it for a few minutes (watching closely the temp and oil pressure), shut it down, re-drain everything, fill with normal lubes and go ride for 15 minutes. Check your fluids for any sign they don't look the same as when you poured them out of the bottle. Any change probably indicates there's still water in there. If so, drain, fill, repeat. Until your oil/diff fluid doesn't look funny anymore. It's a proven system we've used many times over the years. GOOD LUCK!

On 8/18/2018 at 10:55 AM, Jteam said:

I doubt that it was unharmed. i bought one that had been swamped and the gear box oil looked like straight muddy / greasy goo. It wouldn't function at all. Required a full rebuild. The vent lines on the gear box are way to short so i ran them under the from panel, but in this guys case that would not help.  The engine also had a rod knock. Found the bearings scored from the water intrusion.

runs good!

On 8/19/2018 at 2:55 PM, quadnut20 said:

LMAOF Great vid !! 

Thanks man!

On 8/24/2018 at 2:25 PM, mika verstraten said:

thats cool man i want that to

you want to sink your quad?

On 8/27/2018 at 12:33 AM, johniii said:

Where is this?? Looks like a fun day 

Newfoundland Canada~

On 8/27/2018 at 10:29 PM, P Dubya said:

Should have brought the wet suit...